Phalen Lake

• Brad Anderson
    Minnesota

Heard this lake has some special restrictions with not being able to use motors? If thats the case, Is this open water motors only? Can i drive an atv on this lake and use a gas auger?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Never had an issue with a gas auger. No driving on the lake. There is parking all the way around. Parking lots on the North, south and west sides. Street parking on the east side. Pick an area and walk out. No private property. Park land surrounds the entire lake.

-J.

WinnebagoViking
    Inactive

Gas augers are OK. No ATVs and even if you could it might not be a good idea. Right out from the access on the NW corner is a 100’+ hole that never seems to freeze. As Jon said, pretty easy access by foot once you know where you’re headed, park-n-walk. I moved out of the neighborhood 12 years ago but I fished it a lot when I owned a house on the east side. Lots of small sunnies to be had on the south end, if you weed through them you can probably find a meal. Mostly a night bite for eyes and crappies. Don’t be afraid to fish over deep water, it wasn’t uncommon to find crappies suspended at 30′-35′ in 50′.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.