Pflueger Supreme Reels on sale

• brucea
    Maplewood,MN

Pflueger Supreme Reels on sale at Cabela’s $59.99

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Does anyone know if they still come with an extra spool?

FDR

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

The one i got at Christmas did.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Any feedback on these?

I’ve got a President that I’m really happy with. Tried out the Purist last year. Good so far but only used it on a weeklong trip. Not enough to really give a review.

sktrwx2200

They are really good… awesome value for a magnesium reel. 59.99 is worth every penny.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

They are really good… awesome value for a magnesium reel. 59.99 is worth every penny.

x6 waytogo

dairycat

59.99 at Gander too, just got the flyer!

WarEagle

Pfluger has dipped in quality over the last few years in my opinion. I have been replacing with Shimano Stradic CI4’s. I have some Pfluger presidents if anyone is interested in them!

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Pfluger has dipped in quality over the last few years in my opinion. I have been replacing with Shimano Stradic CI4’s. I have some Pfluger presidents if anyone is interested in them!

What sizes? , How much? ,Where? ……

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Not to change the subject, but the Shimano Static are really good reels, of course they cost an arm and a leg. You like yours? They are the only higher end reels I’ve ever been able to afford and they are so smooth. One difference is when the fish is taking out drag the reel is relatively quite.

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

How do these compare with the supreme xt? I’ve been using these the last few years and love them. I still need to grab another reel for a spare rod and these seem like a good deal.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>WarEagle wrote:</div>

What sizes? , How much? ,Where? ……

Mudshark,

Onalaska Gander had them in stock this morning. Don’t know what specific sizes as I didn’t check. I just ran into a friend that had a few in his hand.

FDR

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Mudshark,

Onalaska Gander had them in stock this morning. Don’t know what specific sizes as I didn’t check. I just ran into a friend that had a few in his hand.

FDR

Thanks bud…..last time I was there they had 20’s on sale grin

He mentioned that he was selling his so I thought I would see what kind of deal I could get….I have 5 now but could always use a couple more…. toast

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Watch sale ads for around March 7th & 14th – Just say’n whistling whistling

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

May not matter… but last year before Christmas when the XT’s were super cheep, they are a lot different “looking” now. The regular Supremes have undergone changes as well. Looks like most sale items are the older version. Better, or not, I have no clue. Sometimes new version means less quality.

tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

I bought 3 supreme xt’s on thanksgiving when they were half price. I read some reviews that the smaller reels have a small plastic piece that is part of the bail is a weak point. I went for the 35 series which does not have that part. I don’t know if the supreme has the same issue. I have quite a few pfluger reels from the last few years and have yet to run into a single problem with any of them. No hours on the new ones yet to give any solid feedback though.

WarEagle

I love Stradic Ci4’s. I now have 5 of them and honestly they are worth the money. The very first one I bought was around 5 years ago and it is still a solid reel. It was running a little rough 2 years ago so I took it into scheels and they sent it out to shimano for repair/service. Shimano sent the reel back without charging me anything and it is still running smooth!

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

May not matter… but last year before Christmas when the XT’s were super cheep, they are a lot different “looking” now. The regular Supremes have undergone changes as well. Looks like most sale items are the older version. Better, or not, I have no clue. Sometimes new version means less quality.

I agree with your last sentence. I do believe they are going to a newer mode, made to a lower cost, to hit a better profit margin.

FDR

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Chuck Melcher wrote:</div>

I agree with your last sentence. I do believe they are going to a newer mode, made to a lower cost, to hit a better profit margin.

FDR

Pflueger-Shakespeare is owned by Pure Fishing, Inc. (Berkley). I don’t know when it was acquired, but not too longo they dropped the extra spool on the President series rather than raise the price of the reel $10.

The older presidents I have are excellent reels. It might be in my head, but I don’t feel like the newer ones are of the same quality.

I started buying Shimano Sahara & Symetres – well worth the extra $$.

Still a great price on the Supreme.

Tim Reszler
    Kenosha

Thanks for posting! Went into Gander today. They only had the display model left. Walked out of there with a $100 reel for $42 after tax. That’s right they gave me the sale price and an additional 25% off. SCORE!

WarEagle

New President are no where near the quality of the old presidents with the wood handle. I have wood handle ones that are still better than the newer ones that I currently own.

WarEagle

Mudshark, I have sent you a pm with reels and their sizes with my phone number. Get back to me.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Mudshark, I have sent you a pm with reels and their sizes with my phone number. Get back to me.

Ooops…
    Sorry guy redface Been real busy and missed that….
    I’ll reply more as soon as the GTG is done…
    I will tell you I am looking at a 25 and 30 series….
    I have an oldie phone so pictures and such are online only wink

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.