Pest Control (attic squirrels) help

• walleyevision

Need some help from my fellow IDO’ers. We have flying squirrels that have made their way into our attic, and have from there found their way into our house. I’ve killed one with a mouse trap. However, this morning, I had another one fly over my head as I was enjoying my morning coffee. He is currently “cordoned off” in our living room and I’m hoping he hits one of my traps.

So anyway, do any of you know of a good pest control company that will be able to help out. I want someone that can actually go up into the attic and not only get them out of there, but more importantly find how they are getting in and block the entrance.

Thanks in advance guys!

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Can’t help with a recommendation, but we had a bat in a finished attic and someone had recommended using large sticky traps stapled on rafters work in one day. Just might work for you?

walleyevision

Can’t help with a recommendation, but we had a bat in a finished attic and someone had recommended using large sticky traps stapled on rafters work in one day. Just might work for you?

Might have to find a live trap. The one I trapped in a mouse trap took a long time to die and was flopping around a lot. Wouldn’t want it to get lost in the insulation and stink to high hell.

Wildlifeguy

Not exactly how I’d planned to end my lurking career, but I happen to be employed by just such an outfit, and we could certainly help you out. Don’t wanna spam the board, but I assume you can pm me if you’d like the number. I hate that it took me this long to sign up, but I like helping folks out.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Grab the fishing net out of your boat. Scoop that thing out of the air when he flies by again. Then figure out where they got in and seal that up.

-J.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Live trap peanut butter.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Not exactly how I’d planned to end my lurking career, but I happen to be employed by just such an outfit, and we could certainly help you out. Don’t wanna spam the board, but I assume you can pm me if you’d like the number. I hate that it took me this long to sign up, but I like helping folks out.

Welcome to ido
    Thanks for helping!!

@wildlifeguy

Wildlifeguy

Thanks to you! I’m generally not one to keep my thoughts to myself, but around here I find I do more learning than I have stuff to add. Glad something in my wheelhouse finally came around, so to speak.

walleyevision

PM sent

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Grab the fishing net out of your boat. Scoop that thing out of the air when he flies by again.

-J.

GET THE FRABILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, HRG

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Like FBRM said, welcome to that talking side!

Helping out another member is not what we call “spamming”, we call it “helping out another member”.

I didn’t even know we had Rocket J. Squirrel in our area until a co worker in River Falls was telling me about his experience. It took him a while but he trapped them until he was sure there wasn’t anymore in the attic then sealed the hole. Trouble was they had two holes (the last I heard anyway).

LabDaddy1

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>
    Grab the fishing net out of your boat. Scoop that thing out of the air when he flies by again.

-J.

GET THE FRABILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, HRG

Now, THAT, is hilarious!

Ryan Wilson

My grandmother owned a campground in central Michigan for over 40 years. Her favorite squirrel deterrent was cornmeal mixed with “plaster of Paris”. My aunts favorite method was a live trap. She lives on a lake and has the live trap roped to a tree. When she catches one, she just throws the live trap in the lake for 5 minutes.

The women in my family are brutal.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

I get them in my mouse traps occasionally, especially in winter. I use the “diving board” type trap baited with peanut butter. You can get the traps on amazon for less than 15 bucks and you mount them to a bucket full of water or marine antifreeze. Between the barn, machine shed, garage, and camper, I run about 10 traps. They do a good job of cleaning out the local mouse population and it’s rare that I find evidence of mice around my place.

I always feel kind of bad when I get a flying squirrel though, they’re cool animals.

walleyevision

I too feel bad, as they are cute little guys and are so rare to see. But, you get in my house and it’s on!

djshannon
    Crosslake

I had a problem with squirrels and bats when I lived in an old house in St. Louis, MO. I was fairly successful with an Ultra-sonic pest controller like
    Bird-X Transonic Pro Electronic Pest Repeller.

it is loud and annoying but does work. I had a very large house so I was a distance away.

I would put it in your attic and run it as loud as possible. Noice is one of your best deterrents.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.