Personal best perch

• Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

Took a few days off and went up to West Okoboji with my fiancé and her grandparents and yesterday I hired Ice Force Pro, John Grosvenor to take us on a guided trip just to make sure her grandpa caught fish. We had a great day and caught a ton of fish! Her grandpa never saw a flasher before and once John showed him how to use his LX7 he was catching fish in no time! We ended up catching well over 150 perch and kept out limits to eat. I’ve never fished out of the state of Iowa and I do know there’s bigger perch to be caught but here in the Iowa Great Lakes area 12″ perch are considered pretty big so I was happy catching that! Such a great day for both of us on the ice and can’t wait to go again! Well, as soon as my fiancé wakes up! Lol

Attachments:
    1. image91.jpg

2. image92.jpg

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Very cool! Sounds like a great day and thanks for sharing the pics.

Will

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A 12″ Perch is Big anywhere if you ask me. Good job . That is some great eating fish there.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

Awesome fish and great job getting the old man out.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

A 12″er is a whole other animal, I wish they were in every lake. Well done sir!

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

A 12″er is a whole other animal, I wish they were in every lake. Well done sir!

x2! Nice report and post, looks like fun!

Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

Thanks guys! Out with the fiancé again today for a while til we head back home. You can sight fish in 15 FOW where we are and she things it pretty cool!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Nice work Steve, and great meeting the both of you at the ice show this year! Way to say on them. I’ve been seeing pics from John all year down there, must have a great year class or two coming through the system. Fun to catch perch when they’re fired up like that. Congrats!

Joel

Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

Joel, are u the one who greeted us as soon as we walked into the show on Friday? Sorry, met so many people who saw the engagement pix that it’s hard to remember who everybody was! Lol
    John is a great guide and guy! He’s always on fish and is well worth the money! Check out my other post and look at the Perch Alyssa caught on Tuesday!
    Thanks for the reply!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.