Pepper Stout Pit Beef

• Ice Cap

Had to cook for my sons groomsmen dinner yesterday. Made two briskets and a couple large turkey breasts for that event. But I had more room on the smoker and had a nice chuck roast that needed to be used up so I made Pepper Stout Pit Beef which I haven’t made in a long time.
    Easy to do and works great for sandwiches or along side or over mashed potatoes.
    First cut up a pepper whatever kind you like and a onion. A jalapeno or two works nicely as well I just didn’t have any on hand. Pour a dark beer in with the pepper and onion and let them marinate. I used Schells Dark this time but I’ve used Guiness in the past.

Smoke you’re chuck roast until it hits about 165 internal. Then place the chuck roast on top of the pepper, onion, and beer. Put back in smoker uncovered until roast hits 205 to 210. Cover and rest for a couple hours. Fork apart and enjoy!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0154.jpg

2. IMG_0153.jpg

3. IMG_0149.jpg

Coletrain27

Never heard of that, looks excellent toast

Jeff Gilberg

love that stuff, but I go a little lighter with the beer (cream ale). No garlic or Worcestershire?

Ice Cap

love that stuff, but I go a little lighter with the beer (cream ale). No garlic or Worcestershire?

No Worsy. I used a rub on the roast called SPOGOS. Salt, pepper,onion,garlic and other spices. Sometimes less is more. I try not to cover up natural flavors too much. Nothing beats beef on a smoker it’s the way God intended it! bow

Jeff Gilberg

Totally agree on keeping the beef flavor, but I do like a couple of shakes of Worcestershire. I really like some of the other the Oakridge rubs (SPOGOS) but I find that one a little spicier than I was expecting. Have you tried the Smokey chili lime? its great for fajitas.

Ice Cap

Totally agree on keeping the beef flavor, but I do like a couple of shakes of Worcestershire. I really like some of the other the Oakridge rubs (SPOGOS) but I find that one a little spicier than I was expecting. Have you tried the Smokey chili lime? its great for fajitas.

Yes I really like the Smoky Chili Lime. It’s great for a lot of things. I usually have a full compliment of Oak Ridge rubs they are the best and freshest out there. Will need to order more soon.

onepine
    Elk River

Had to cook for my sons groomsmen dinner yesterday. Made two briskets and a couple large turkey breasts for that event. But I had more room on the smoker and had a nice chuck roast that needed to be used up so I made Pepper Stout Pit Beef which I haven’t made in a long time.

Ice Cap, How many people did you cook for? I am doing the Grooms dinner for my sons wedding in October and just wondering what I will need for food.

Ice Cap

It was about 50 adults. I cooked more food than needed because my son wanted some left overs to feed a few people on Saturday but I usually go over on the amount of food needed any how.

What are you planning to cook I can give you some idea of how much you will need. I’ve cooked for a lot of large groups up to 300 even.

onepine
    Elk River

Thank you for the reply. There will be around 30 people. Right now we are planning on a turkey sandwich recipe we used for the graduation parties. I may do one on the weber and slice it up for another option just looking for some sides and advise on how many turkey breasts roughly? It will be held at a private location so it will be served out of crock pots and possibly a roaster. Any recipes to keep the grilled turkey breast moist in a crock pot without turning it to mush would also be helpful?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.