Pepin – Tuesday, June 29th

• Gerty

Heading down to Pepin for the first time in a couple years on Tuesday. I heard there has (had) been a decent bite going on. Anybody willing to share any current info? Can PM me if you don’t want to spread the word on here. I have typically started out right in front of the DQ in Lake City but didn’t know if there was better places to start. Depths, etc. Have the jointed shad raps, flicker shads and shad dances ready to go. Any landings to stay away from with the low water this year? Appreciate any help.

I will report back when we get back. Thanks!

snelson223
    Austin MN

I will be there Monday. Supposedly there is a mayflie hatch going on now so that may slow things down.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I can’t speak for on the river specifically but I believe it was around last weekend that what I would describe as a slow, mild hatch. Two weekends ago I think it was the worst and ever since it seems a few have popped up but nothing major. I work near the river and we’re seeing some but nothing major, but again I can’t speak for what it’s like on the water and what effect I’m having. I may possibly be out Sunday.

snelson223
    Austin MN

We launched today at Hok Si La today and no problems with the boat launch. We caught some every spot we tried. We started south of Lake city and then moved to in front of dairy queen and then finished north of the launch. We had better luck deeper with leadcore.

Gerty

Thanks for the update. We decided to not go tomorrow due to possible thunderstorms. Didn’t want to drive 2 hours and then get rained out. Going to try and hopefully make it next week.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Roschen launch was nasty green like I never seen before last sunday. Careful backing in as it just drops off the slab. I wish they would find some city dollars to put in a long dock there. I fished Wisconsin side and did good but tough to keep the sheep off. Next time I will pull leadcore since my TM batteries are acting up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.