Pepin

• backlasher
    Fridley, Mn

At what point does Lake Pepin go no-wake?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Only when we slow down (except for the no wake zones)

Keeping in mind we are always responsible for our wakes…low water or high.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

But if the no wake buoys are under water is it still a no wake zone??…
    Kidding aside, if the river is high, slow down, especially near properties subject to flooding. And wear a life jacket.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If Pepin went no wake, I’d prefer it be Friday afternoons through Sunday evenings between June 1st and August 1st. I could maybe fish it again on weekends. As of now, I do 90% of my fishing during the week on Pepin. waytogo

Just like BK hinted at, there’s no such thing as “no-wake” on Pepin that I’m aware of. The “no-wake” zones on the way to Wabasha below Pepin are only from Memorial Day – Labor Day and are not based on flow or river levels.

Deleted

Ever see Pepin rocking in 30-50 mph winds? Tell me how a wake from my boat affects the shoreline in comparison.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Ever see Pepin rocking in 30-50 mph winds? Tell me how a wake from my boat affects the shoreline in comparison.

Looks like this

Attachments:
    1. 33196.jpeg

Dennis Williams
    Apple Valley, MN

are any access open right now?

I have contacted boat ramps from Bay City through Pepin (public and private) and could not find an open ramp. If you hear of one open, let me know.

Just the idea of everything being closed makes me believe the bite is on. grin

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>casey walters wrote:</div>
    are any access open right now?

I have contacted boat ramps from Bay City through Pepin (public and private) and could not find an open ramp. If you hear of one open, let me know.

Just the idea of everything being closed makes me believe the bite is on. grin

I know of one where you can likely launch into the lake. Shoot me a PM if interested. The bite out there is fairly slow from what I’ve heard of the few guys who have put in mainly to be nosy. A couple of weeks from now is the time I really like to start fishing the lake more.

For reference to those who fish the willows or other popular post-spawn bites on the lower or upper parts, any willows I know of are under 3′ or more of moving water. Those are barely wet when the water is “high”.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.