Another Legendary IDO Ice Fishing Extravaganza

• Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

For the last week, James Holst and I joined forces to divide and conquer the rugged and walleye prolific Canadian (Ice) Shield. Although Mother Nature was sometimes relentless in her attack, she ultimately bowed down to the inevitable and gave us exactly what we were after… BIG WALLEYES. What a trip!

I wish I could write about the awesome details of the trip, but I have been sworn to secrecy. The IDO show that captured all the action of the trip will air in a couple of weeks and I cannot wait to see it! It’s going to be a barn burner. For now I just have to go with the words of the famous Rainy Lake ice fishing guide, Chris Granrud… “We caught big walleyes lake an Olympic event!”. There was even an unexpected bonus that went with catching those huge eyes.

Below are some pictures I snapped on the first day. Thanks James and local Pasha Lake guide Tom Alton for making it all come together.

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Nice! Ok, I’ll bite….what was the unexpected bonus?

inge66

Nice cant wait to see it. Looks a little chilly but eyes will always bring a smile to my face. Nice work..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hopefully James will have the feeling back into his fingers by then.

I talked with him by phone on his way home yesterday. He was beside himself while he was telling me about the trip!

Looking forward to the show!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Nice! Ok, I’ll bite….what was the unexpected bonus?

Lakers!

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Sweet!

In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Season 5 – Episode 6. Ice Fishing. Walleyes and Lake Trout. James Holst & Chad Thompson, owner of Pasha Lake Cabins, get into a fast bite on trophy caliber walleyes in shallow water then move to a second lake for a combo walleye and laker bonanza.

In-Depth Outdoors episodes air on FSN every sunday at 8 AM. If you can’t be in front of the TV be sure to set your DVR!

For our web viewers, if you want to go directly to this latest show, just click on the video player below.

Direct Link >>> In-Depth Outdoors “Wilderness Walleyes and Lake Trout”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.