Below Red Rock dam

• nextbite
    Newton, IA

Well I went out saturday with my dad, neighbor mike, and friend brandon below the red rock dam to gish for whatever would bite really. We were the first boat on the water at around 7am and the second to last boat to leave around 11pm. Long day of great fishing. We hit a few channel cats within 30 minutes. They were around 2 pounds. Brandon hit a really nice white bass around 19 inches. Lots of gar and carp at the top of the water in the coves. We did catch a few gar, not by choice. We went down river from the north tail water about 6 miles and trolled some [censored] blades and hit some smaller walleyes and decent whites. We continued to troll for about an hour then headed back up river slowly fishing slack water and creek mouths. My neighbor mike hit a good 7 pound channel and a few couple pounders. We traveled back up and fished a few snags for cats but nothing. We marked some decent fish in the mouth of another cove and anchored outside to make casts in. Brandon and mike threw [censored] blades and I and my dad fished berkley ripple jigs. We hammered the good whites and a few cigar walleyes. I happened to hit a good 2.5-3 pound walleye. Best one of the day. We dropped mike off at the ramp around 7pm to go home. He took a decent share of fish with him. We headed for the south tail water. Right off the bat I hit a couple keeper crappies. We hit more whites and small eyes. Brandon had a few good hits on live gills fishing for flatheads. Around 10:45pm we headed for the ramp. Amazing 2nd trip on the new boat. I didnt take pics as we caught them. I was using my phone to play music through the radio and it had too low of a battery to run the cam but I took a few before we cleaned them. I will post them when I have time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.