panfish??

• jeweler
    Wisconsin

For whatever reason I can not find a panfish to save my life. I fish pool 12 and 13 on the Mississippi mainly and have not had any luck. What should I be looking for to find fish. I dont want a ton, just want action. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

The gills on pool 8 right now are very concentrated on and near spawn sights. Look for new lily pad growth with a clean bottom in 1-4fow. Moving along a shoreline the other day we found a ton of gills on a small sand flat with a brush pile in the middle of it.
    Move around in the backwater bays looking for these things and you should be putting some panfish in the boat. Using the trolling motor and covering tree lined banks and weeds/sand will find fish. The anchor doesn’t leave the boat until bobbers start going down.

A black or purple Ratfinkee tipped with a piece of red worm was the ticket for us also. If you are using a bobber make sure your bait is dragging bottom. Them gills hate it when something comes along disturbing there nesting area where they might just ignore something swimming overhead.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.