gills???

• jeweler
    Wisconsin

With the new little one here I have not been out in a LONG time. Anyone catching any gills lately on pool 11? What type of structure/bottom should a person focus on this time of year? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jeweler

dorancehefte
    Wisconsin

My grandson caught a few keepers fishing rock rip-rap in an area with current. He had a lot of hits on a 1/64 feather jig but couldn’t hook them so he switched to a small gold hook (with a small piece of worm) under a bobber and had 10 to clean in an hour.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

On pool 8 the gills are also hangin’ around near current. They haven’t been found in numbers on the wing dams yet but they are close.
    Downed timber in 4-15fow with some flow has been producing the best gill action on pool 8.
    This is when you should yell at Mikehd for not putting up a report of the slabs him and his wife got into
    A small piece of crawler on a jig is always a good bet.

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Thanks guys might have to give a try this weekend. If I make it out I will post how I do. If there is anyone else that wants to chime in please feel free.
    Thanks,
    Jeweler

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Well ended up making it out monday night. Not much to show for it but had fun anyway. Never got any gills but did get a few bass and some sheepies. Trying out the new trolling motor with the dog up front made for an interesting trip but all in all it was nice to get back out. Maybe next time. Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.