The girls wanted to go bobber fishin

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I took my girls out “bobber fishin” today . I haven’t done this for a long long time !! We shot out to Sun Fish and started working the edges. They had quite a bit of action. Bass, Gills, Crappie and 1 Gar . I’ll attach a couple of pics. It sure was fun . I haven’t had them out since they were smaller. And not into Boys, Make-Up , and Teen Magazine

ec

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

You can tell by the smile on their faces !!!

We all had fun and laughs

I love makin memories with my girls !!

This is a pic of Allie ….

ec

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Nice pic Dave, your daughters must get her good looks from there mom (jk)

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

great pic ecnook!! I get to work with kids as a job, what fun and get paid. I have been lucky enought to take a bunch out fishing… can’t waite to have some of my own!!! You are one lucky guy, …. actually they are pretty lucky to have a dad that takes them out like that… you would be surprised how many don;t

basspack
    PdC, WI.

I’m surprized you could get them to go out. My daughter going into 6th grade is almost impossible to get out on the water (to fish anyway). I taught math to Allie in 8th grade and Mal in 7th and 8th grade so I know them pretty well. Mal even used your login name on a project in class once. Small world, huh? Nice pictures of a outing you’ll all remember for a long time.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I remember when they would come out in the spring and fall with me, a long time ago. They would put a blanket over the seat in front of the boat and play barbies under it . Once in awhile they would come out to play in the live well and then back in they would go.

Then they moved up to fishing with me, each one in their own time and then, moved on to other things…its an awsome cycle kids go thru. I love them !!!

ec

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Tell them that going fishing with Dad is a great way to get a sun tan. Thats how come my X use to go with me all the time and why my daughters like to go out in the boat. Bill

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

What do I need to enable seeing these pictures? I tried both Netscape and Explorer…no pics either way, help please

TTRIGGER
    Cedar Rapids IA

you need to click on the word “attatchment” on ecnook’s post

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Worked like a charm, THANK YOU

bigdog10
    Waterloo, Iowa

Great pics ecnook! Been there, done that, with my two daughters. Absolutely, positively, a blast. You cannot do better than the thought of those kids pulling in fish after fish, having Dad take the fish of the hooks and bait everyone back up to do it all over again.

Actually, that is part of the process. You see, we have a guaranteed place in Heaven from having to live with 3+ woman in our house. LOL

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Oh really !!

I’m still bringing walleye to my pastor just to help keep the gate open for me

ec

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I had the opportunity to take two boys (with their Dad) out fishing over the holiday weekend. the boys are 6 and 8 years old and are growing up in downtown Chicago. Didn’t venture to the ‘Croix being Labor day weekend and all. opted for a small lake n. of Hudson. Their dad said they would stay interested 1/2 hour max. Well, 3 hours later (and about 20 bluegills) they were still going strong and didn’t want to leave. Became quite proficient with spinning reels and aside from a few tangles the day went off hitch free.
    really good time.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

SteveO! Any chance you’re getting “practiced up” for any unannounced, inparticular reason? LOL! That was awful nice of you! Were you on Bass or did you go up to Squaw?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

no practicin’ ‘Kid. getting a little long in the tooth for that!! I like kids, but it sure was nice to have them go after the weekend was over.
    we were up on Pine, north of Somerset. small fish, but lots of action. never know when you’ll run into a 3 to 4 lb. LM bass up there not to mention the pike. one of the little guys had a nice northern on before it bit him off. he caught the “fever” that we both share for the large toothy critters.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

U~Da~Man SteveO

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Dave,
    looks like you had a great day with your kids.
    nice pics. something about kid’s faces when they catch a fish.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.