Packer nation rejoice

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Sounds like Ted Thompson will be transitioning into a new role and the packers will be looking for a new GM.

bigpike

Been a great run for Ted. I for 1 still support him. The Packers drafted at the bottom almost every year of the draft. He gave us Rodgers, still the best player in the NFL when he is whole. First Capers, now Thompson. It’s shaping up to be a interesting off season for the green and gold!

bigpike

From the rumor mill:

The news that Packers G.M. Ted Thompson will transition to a new role means that the Packers will be looking for a new G.M. Which will spark one hell of a scramble for the ability to run a football operation without having to ever answer to a traditional owner.

One person who would have been a top candidate for the job just took the same job in Cleveland. A year ago, veteran Packers scribe Bob McFinn pegged John Dorsey as the “best bet” to replace Thompson. While Dorsey seems to be all in with the Browns, the thought of an annulment surely will at least cross his mind, even if it will never happen.

Another G.M. of a different team also may be regretting the removal in his latest extension of a contractual clause that would have allowed him to bolt for Green Bay. Seahawks G.M. John Schneider is a Wisconsin native — and a Packers shareholder. The question is whether owner Paul Allen would let Schneider leave, even without the term allowing him to.

Internally, director of football operations Eliot Wolf’s name will emerge, even though there has been a sense lately that he may end up moving on before he gets the chance to move up. Also, director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst has in recent hiring cycles gotten interviews.

Then there’s former Packers executive Reggie McKenzie, who has been the G.M. in Oakland since 2012. If/when Jon Gruden returns as the head coach, he may want his own personnel table-setter, which could put McKenzie in play for Green Bay.

However it shakes out, the job will be coveted. And coach Mike McCarthy will be hoping that the new G.M. won’t want a new head coach.

Share this:

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Been a great run for Ted. I for 1 still support him. The Packers drafted at the bottom almost every year of the draft. He gave us Rodgers, still the best player in the NFL when he is whole. First Capers, now Thompson. It’s shaping up to be a interesting off season for the green and gold!

Green and gold? That puke yellow is nowhere near the hue of gold.

bigpike

[/quote]

You wanna talk about it or do you just need a hug?

fishingallday

The Packers aren’t even the best football team in Wisconsin.

bigpike

The Packers aren’t even the best football team in Wisconsin.

It’s ok. There kinda resetting things now…

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

It was time for a change !

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Does this mean somebody upstairs thinks this Viking year might not be a fluke?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

[/quote4]
    No need for a hug, I’m just correcting you so that next time you can call it yellow.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigpike wrote:</div>

[/quote4]
    No need for a hug, I’m just correcting you so that next time you can call it yellow.

???? Off

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

IDO needs a group hug emoji.

Jonesy

Ted Thompson put 3 superbowl caliber teams on the field during his tenure.

07 (Favre’s last year)
    10 when they won
    14 when they had the epic collapse against Seattle.

It was time for Ted to go. I do wonder though what happens if they don’t lose Collins, Finley, and shields to career ending injuries and Raji doesn’t retire out of the blue. A lot of money and resources has been spent trying to replace those guys.

The draft is important obviously. But with the cap going up every year sometimes you have to be willing to make a bigger splash in fa

fishingallday

In the last two years the only reason they were good is Rodgers. Didn’t have any good offense or defense. If Rodgers isn’t on the team last year they don’t make the playoffs. With him they made the NFC championship. Just shows you how important he is to that team. Personally I wished they would’ve kept him so they could keep getting mediocre players. #Skol

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

[/quote4]

If you are correcting the color from gold to yellow there is no need to call it
    puke yellow.

I getting tired of all the nasty comments on this site.
    Don’t be saying stuff protected by a keyboard that you wouldn’t say to a persons face.

fishingallday

Maybe some puke got thrown away in their new stadium. So the team colors are puke yellow and green maybe! ????

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2184.jpg

bigpike

[/quote4]

I do what I want. Strong and independent packer fan. Green and Gold forever!
    And you certainly are free to insult the green and gold colors all you want if it makes you feel better. The hug offer is still there bro I really think you need it!

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Actually, there is some validity to the gold reference,,,,

HRG

Attachments:
    1. packers-colors.jpg

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>eyeguy507 wrote:</div>

[/quote4]

???? Off

Butthurt much? If it makes you feel better, the Kings of the North wear puke purple. Wow you pecker fans are fragile!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

[/quote4]

puke yellow.

Don’t be saying stuff protected by a keyboard that you wouldn’t say to a persons face.

What’s your address Steve? I’ll see if I can swing over this week. I’ve said much worse to people’s faces. As if there won’t be any nasty posts here if the Kings get beat.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

What’s your address Steve? I’ll see if I can swing over this week. I’ve said much worse to people’s faces.

geez….this whole thing is turning ugly now…..

All over a damn game…….

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

How did this go from a management issue to color crunching?

I think there has been some need to switch things up a bit in Green Bay and I assume that what’s being looked at will help out the organization. With Rogers back next year I’m sure the Pack will be on the hunt again and I enjoy watching the MN?GB games when they are games.

At this point in the season I am also very aware of Minnesota’s unbelievable history of choking, so all I am doing is hoping with each game that they show some serious intentions of winning. It seems coughing up a loss in the big games is a standard feature for the Vikings….and yes I am a fan, but one with a good sense of recall. That said, are all you twinks bashing the Gb guys here setting yourself up for a tough night down the road? We all know what its like to be OUT of the late games, so I say can it. Worry and hope for some success and let the GB guys figure out what ‘s happening in the office.

bigpike

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Hix wrote:</div>

[/quote4]

puke yellow.

What’s your address Steve? I’ll see if I can swing over this week. I’ve said much worse to people’s faces. As if there won’t be any nasty posts here if the Kings get beat.

Actually the insult was towards me, and while I’ll offer a hug on a neutral site I really don’t want you by my house. Thanks anyway

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I went to college with John Schneider, GM of the Seattle Seahawks. He is a life long GB Packer fan and GM of the Pack was/is his dream job.

I wonder if his name might pop up?

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I went to college with John Schneider, GM of the Seattle Seahawks. He is a life long GB Packer fan and GM of the Pack was/is his dream job.

I wonder if his name might pop up?

I read that until recently Schneider had a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave if the GM position in Green Bay was offered to him — apparently the clause was removed with his most recent contract extension.

By all accounts it looks like the Packers will stay in-house and the job will go to Russ Ball or Eliot Wolf. They’ve fired the defensive staff already but left the offensive staff in-tact. If they were bringing in an external candidate to be GM, I’d expect they’d save those staffing decisions for the new GM to execute.

I don’t hate McCarthy but I’m itching to see Rodgers in a fresh system, so I’m on the fence about the whole thing.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’d be surprised if they went outside the organization. They typically keep things in house, and sounds like are intent on keeping McCarthy which would limit the candidates from outside who typically would want to pick their own coach.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

At this point in the season I am also very aware of Minnesota’s unbelievable history of choking, so all I am doing is hoping with each game that they show some serious intentions of winning. It seems coughing up a loss in the big games is a standard feature for the Vikings….and yes I am a fan, but one with a good sense of recall. That said, are all you twinks bashing the Gb guys here setting yourself up for a tough night down the road? We all know what its like to be OUT of the late games, so I say can it. Worry and hope for some success and let the GB guys figure out what ‘s happening in the office.

Oh right…I can still recall when this all began with the favored Vikings falling flat against the Chiefs in the 1970 Super Bowl. That was just the beginning of a parade of big game losses and upsets for the Minnesota Vikings.

As much of a Viking fan that I am, I expect them to lose each game until the final outcome. That saves me from most of the heartache. neutral

Attachments:
    1. 1970.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

How about them UCF Knights!

super_do
    St Michael, MN

I don’t know…….looks like gold to me?

Attachments:
    1. lombardi-3.png

2. lombardi-2.png

3. lombardi-1.png

4. lombardi.png

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I don’t know…….looks like gold to me?

rotflol good one super_do! I wonder how this rivalry will change when the Vikings have a title after this year.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.