P4 sturgeon

• sharptailer
    IGH, MN

Getting tired of the Bayport area scenery, thinking about coming down tomorrow. Are sturgeon being caught during the day? At the dam? down stream from Everts?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Come check out Prescott. I’ve been the only one NOT walleye fishing. Although the bite died yesterday it was amazing the previous 5 days. Will see if it’s off tonight too.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Would be fun to meet a fellow sturgeon angler and share tactics if you wanted to meet up sometime

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

I’m open to new locations and fellow night prowlers. Will be out someplace Wed. night. If you have an open seat I am free tonight. If not, next time. Good luck

Nick Kuhn

I’d be available Thursday late afternoon into the evening hours. Just getting into fishing for these guys, so I could stand to learn a few things. Otherwise Monday through Thursday of next week I’m available in the same timeframe. If anyone has an open seat I’m a willing netman. Not sure if I could share much in the line of tactics (unless you want to talk muskies), but I am a fast learner.

rschmidty

Would be fun to meet a fellow sturgeon angler and share tactics if you wanted to meet up sometime

FBRM – I’ve only ever fished out by the Bayport areas as well but I curious about trying some other areas too.

When you launch out of Prescott, do use the ramp off 2nd street? If so, does it cost anything and can you park there overnight if wanted to fish all night?

Also, it’s been my experience up by Bayport that finding structure or holes aren’t quite as important as finding bait balls or marking sturgeon, whereas up on the Rainy, finding a hole can be the key. What are you keying in on down by Prescott?

I live in Rosemount so Prescott would actually be a little closer for me so it has me intrigued.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

When you launch out of Prescott, do use the ramp off 2nd street? If so, does it cost anything and can you park there overnight if wanted to fish all night?

It’s a pay launch. I paid $35/year. I havent been ticketed yet.

What are you keying in on down by Prescott?

There’s no substitute for idling around looking for big sturgeon archs

rschmidty

Did you get any after I left?

I’m assuming you are asking someone else, but I’m going to try the Prescott area early Sunday morning.

I’ll report back on how it goes.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Yeah he and I fished Wednesday. I got a nice one and left.

Send me a pm schmitty and we can share phone numbers. I’ll be in lacrosse sunday morning but will most likely be back and on the water by noon

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

yes and no. wondering what all the baitfish looking returns were on the DI screen so cast my net and caught one shad on the the first cast. next five or so throws resulted in empty nets. No sturgeon.

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

A season pass or daily pay. Non resident pass $50 per year or if your boat is less than 20′ will cost $13 per day. No overnight parking there but they provide overnight parking someplace nearby. Google Prescott, WI and on the search line type “boat ramp” and go from there

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.