Outboard mechanic

• walleyewizard

I’m looking to have some mechanical work done on my Yamaha outboard. Live in the Metro area. Any suggestions on where to go?

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I use Countryview Marine in Wyoming MN.
    I bought a new Yamaha from them last May and they got my boat back on the water faster than I expected.
    I have a couple friends that also go there, never heard of a negative experience.

tangler
    Inactive

if on the other side of the metro, Dan’s Southside does yamaha, honda, and suzuki and has a pretty good rep from what I’ve heard.

Further south in Faribault, Lacanne’s has an amazing rep and they are a yammie shop as well.

Oranda

I had terrible luck with Dan’s. They worked on my Merc-Cruiser and they are not certified to do so. So that may have something to do with it.

I switched to Great American Marine in Bloomington and they have been great!
    They list Yamaha as one of the brands they service.

Mike Johnson

I have had great experience’s with The Boat Center in Ramsey for all my yamaha outboard maintenance. I believe their technicians are yamaha certified.

blackbay

I have had great experience’s with The Boat Center in Ramsey for all my yamaha outboard maintenance. I believe their technicians are yamaha certified.

Yep, take it to The Boat Center.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I have a guy in Forest Lake. Day job is a tech at one of the big boat dealers, evenings and weekends he works on side stuff. I was referred by a friend who was very happy with him and I’ve used him a few timewith great success. His rate is half what the dealers charge and he’s extremely fair. I’ll send the OP his info via PM, anyone else wants it PM me.

I’m not sure it would be cool for me to publish where her works (they are cool with it) and what his rate is on a public forum so I’m erring on the side of caution on that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.