Ottertail Lake

• Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

Hey guys,
    I’m heading here on a bachelor party this weekend. Just curious what kind of fishing ottertail has to offer? Are there any lakes close by I can check out with better fish populations of panfish? Most of the crew will be content set up on the supposed trails on ottertail. I’d like to catch a few fish as well. Thanks for any information you have!

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Lots of good lakes around, mobility might be an issue unless you have something with tracks.

Go Spuds

Mobility will be an issue on OT

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Was on Ottertail today and was able to get around ok on the roads. They had a huge tent or building set up and had bands last Friday and Saturday. I think they also must have plowed a lot of spots for wheel houses out on the lake. We drove around and tried a lot of spots or depths but could only get some tullibies to bite. Was off the landing near Ottertail town on hwy 78. Blowing really hard today but going to give it a try again tomorrow.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Thought I would put out a link to the event that has been the past 2 years in case they have it again next year. They plowed roads and spots for wheel houses on the lake and had huge tent set up with live music and beverages.
    >https://ottertaillakescountry.com/otc-on-ice
    The event was a Friday and Saturday event on the ice. We didn’t go to the event but if you want to get on Ottertail there’s a good chance after next years event there will be roads and spots to park your wheel houses or go and enjoy the music and stay and fish after also.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.