Otter seat cushion fix?

• Esox

So I’ve successfully ruined all 4 snaps on my otter seat cushions. I’m looking to permanently attach the cushion to the seat. I’m thinking just a small screw and a washer will do the trick. Has anyone done this before? Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

B-man

So I’ve successfully ruined all 4 snaps on my otter seat cushions. I’m looking to permanently attach the cushion to the seat. I’m thinking just a small screw and a washer will do the trick. Has anyone done this before? Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

Not an Otter, but I had one of the cushions rip off a boat seat before (the strap tore) and used spray adhesive to hold the cushion to the plastic underneath. Worked perfect. I put a board with a couple bags of lead shot on it while it dried.

You can also order a snap kit online for repairing the snaps. Comes in handy for bimini tops or boat covers with buttons too.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Got a pop rivet gun?
    rivet and washer combo…

Could drill holes in the plastic seat and use a hot nail to melt a hole in the seat cover and then use zip ties.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mine did the same thing. I had a sewing lady in town fix them. I think she charged me 15 bucks. I gave her 25, seemed well worth it and a nice thank you.

Esox

Thanks for the responses!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

What about using velcro so you still can remove them to wash them.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I highly recommend ordering the snap tool and a set of stainless snaps. I’ve ripped 6 snaps off my boat cover and it takes me a minute to fix each one. never ripped a replaced one yet. My cousin’s boat cover was missing 9 snaps. 5 minute job.

The tool was like $25 (it’s basically a modified vice grip) and stainless snaps can be had for a buck or less a piece.

It’s a tool that has already paid for itself a few times IMO.

Esox

I highly recommend ordering the snap tool and a set of stainless snaps. I’ve ripped 6 snaps off my boat cover and it takes me a minute to fix each one. never ripped a replaced one yet. My cousin’s boat cover was missing 9 snaps. 5 minute job.

The tool was like $25 (it’s basically a modified vice grip) and stainless snaps can be had for a buck or less a piece.

It’s a tool that has already paid for itself a few times IMO.

I think this is the route I am going to go. I wasn’t aware replacing snaps was such a….. snap.
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐□-□ (⌐□_□)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.