Otter Box question

• Chevtow

Hey guys! First time here. Sold my business and now have time to ice fish and bought a Can Am Outlander 650xt. I’ve heard many people use Otter monster box on their ATV’s but I’ve never seen one in person. I’m wondering what does everyone put inside theirs? I’m having hard time comprehending the size. Will a 20lb propane tank fit in there?

I do have a portable shelter on a sled so I can put some stuff in there so wondering if it’s worth buying (and paying $$$ to ship) the monster box? I do plan on putting auger mount on front and a GPS mount as well. Any tips appreciated as I’m a total newbie – never had time to ice fish before!!!

Attachments:
    1. 7185343C-782B-46C4-9F24-900C9E6D34F7-scaled.jpeg

JoeMX1825
    MN

Monster box is awesome, I put Everything in mine, it truly shines when you fully utilize it with the side attachments. I use the rodbox and 5 gallon bucket holder, keeps pretty much everything out of your portable.

Monsterbox is big and weighs about 40 lbs, but i’ll never NOT have one on my atv. I use it all summer as well.

The ONLY thing i dont like about the box is the raised bump spanning across the entire box that restricts larger items from laying flat, but I assume its there for structural purposes…

Attachments:
    1. 1E68CA07-DB12-4205-811B-E53FF8A0528D.jpeg

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Get it you won’t regret it !!

Attachments:
    1. D94CC979-9109-4E12-8C67-0780D7B82314.jpeg

Spencer Haugen

Did you have to adjust the rear shocks when you put it on? Or is there no sag on it?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Did you have to adjust the rear shocks when you put it on? Or is there no sag on it?

I did increase mine by 1 click…

Kris Berg

Otter box is the best piece of ice fishing equipment you will ever buy. You can fit a 20lb propane tank in it if you lay it on its side, but that takes up a lot of room. I would suggest finding a 5lb or 10lb tank if you want to put it inside of the Otter box. I put a 5lb propane tank. small engel cooler, a Big Buddy heater, my power box, Vexilar Fl-20, Cabelas blind bag tackle box, spare 1lb propane cylinder, and a few other smaller items in my rear Otter Box. I have my Otter rod box mounted to one side and the Otter sportsman caddy mounted to the other side of the rear Otter Box.
    I also have the Otter box on the front rack of my Foreman for auger drill and betteries, Marcum Recon camera, jump pack, and other extras i may need. I also have the digger ice auger mount attached to the top of the front Otter box and my Helix 7 mounted on the rear side of it in front of my handlebars. With the comination of both Otter boxes, I literally have nothing inside of my flip over bouncing around and getting wrecked or wrecking my fish house as I travel around the lake for miles at a time. In my opinion, the Otter boxes are the only way to safely store all of your equipment.

Attachments:
    1. Foreman-ice-fishing-setup-scaled.jpg

jagermeister
    NW Ontario

I use one on my snow machine and put everything in it. They are great.

bfishn

I would never have an ice fishing atv without one. Yes you can fit a 20# tank on its side and a big buddy heater but those will take up most of the space. Much better off with an 11# tank and portable buddy. Along with those I have a vexilar, smaller cooler, small tool box, tackle tray, tow strap, jumper pack, bucket chisel, and other odds and ends. Can really get a lot in them.

I have the older rod box attachment and then made myself a double bucket holder out of milk crates for the other side. I have nothing in my house when I’m pulling it. Really saves on all your gear having them on atv rather then sled. I guy learns a few things after a few trips to Winnipeg haha.

Chevtow

Thanks for the info guys looks like I’ll be grabbing one. On another note, what’s a good GPS with maps to add to the unit? It’ll be mounted and not used to find fish, just depths, contours, finding way home etc.

Chevtow

Found new otter box on Sportsman guide. Got it on my Can Am. Thanks for advice guys, it’s definitely the way to go. Put bucket holders on both sides. Here it is yesterday on Green Bay

Attachments:
    1. EA24EF55-CDD0-4FA9-933F-5EACCB19DDD1-scaled.jpeg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.