Other Spring Bites

• acafisherman19

I’m getting tired of fishing walleyes in the crowds and the bite is starting to move out of the spawn period, so what other bites do you guys think would be generally going right now? Not looking for lakes necessarily, just bites. Located in Central WI, by the way.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Crappie’s should be picking up here pretty soon in the shallow warm water areas. I haven’t done much open water crappie fishing before, and never in the spring, but I plan on giving it a go here soon and trying to learn a little!

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Early perch run, spawn and post spawn shallow bite… Don’t know much about it myself, but plan on trying to get into it a bit up here this spring!!! Also am a big fan of the early prespawn SMB & walleye bite as well… Just have to target the appropriate waters to be legal…

Mark

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Cohos are if you want to make a run over here

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Spring suckers.

scott-k
    Red Wing

Found little creeks and marinas open with sunfish taking it!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

You lost me when you said “I’m getting tired of fishing walleyes”…what was the questions again?!? hah hah

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

My grandson has been banging big perch on a daily basis in the Wabasha area.

acafisherman19

Don’t get me wrong, I love walleyes! But it’s more the crowds factor for me I guess. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.