Other forums out there ?

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

To say I’m a big poster on MNO would be a gross understatement. To those who criticize MNO, doah everyone has a right to there opinion, different strokes for different folks that group over there likes to have fun, take a few pokes at each other and generally have a good time.ive personally met most of them and would take the shirt off my back to help them waytogo

Regarding the emojis, like an email or text unless your with the person you can’t really tell if the joking mad frustrated whatever, the emojis to me is a way to show that emotion yay

Regarding fishing and hunting reports, meh.. I don’t see much difference in the 2 sites. IMO there’s a lot less bickering and arguing on MNO. mrgreen

WE do some different types of contests, deer, ice and summer and a couple football ones. Your not going to win a new truck or boat but it’s fun entertainment. woot waytogo

picklerick
    Central WI

Thank you Dave. And here I thought I was the only IDO’er in these parts.

posted from that “rodeo town” east of you

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Hey don’t get me wrong guys I enjoy the hello on I DO too!! toast peace waytogo

FinnyDinDin

IMO, the #1 thing that killed HSO was over moderation. Post a link to any other site and it got dusted. Do it twice and they blocked you from the site. Both WC and HSO probably have more banned users then active. coffee

-J.

Exactly!! I watched them self destruct with over moderation. Muskie First did the same. When a forum starts making comments like users are lucky to be allowed on, it is the beginning of the end. Let’s not forget who pays the bills, without users, the ad money runs out.

I think I am on my third handle on here from getting the boot. Always got banned over a simple disagreement with an active user. Things never got nasty but all of a sudden my login in no longer worked. Funny that I’d get the ban and the more active long time member wouldn’t. So I’d say IDO is a little guilty of over moderation at times too. When forum participation is dying you may want to consider having a pm convo before just banning people. Just a thought.

I too have had issues logging on and just figured I got banned again.

I enjoy this place and hope it sticks around. I have never had a Facebook account and don’t plan to. Thanks to all those that make this place possible.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

To the guys lamenting about lack of fishing and hunting reports: That is just the reality of today’s world. Plenty of info is exchanged via PM, but the days of posting specifics on a public forum are kinda done. Yes, big water still allows some public info to be exchanged, Ex. I post on the Mille Lacs forum a few times a year.

To the guys lamenting about political banter or anything else they don’t like. Get a grip man. You can either have traffic or not. You can’t have both traffic and a bunch of controls. That is what kills traffic.

It’s pretty simple.

Thank you Dave.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Hellabass is Livestreaming on Youtube right now. He is giving tackle away tonight.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Twitter is where its at

Iowaboy1

For anyone who bashes MNO, no different than here other than a bunch more fun once you get used to getting around in it.
    Sure, same old boys posting the same old poop, but I challenge each and everyone of you, lead by example, if you dont like whats there, post something new, informative, silly, whatever, just flowering lead !!!!!!!!!
    Not everyone will follow, not everyone will lead but get off of your dead ass and do something!!!!

Ryan Schwartz

It’s pretty much this place and Ice Shanty. I’m a member of some of the larger FB fishing groups, but like everyone has said, it’s an organizational mess and there tends to be more noise, whereas forums seem to have more value in the information shared.

I did like Lake State Fishing, but that forum has been dead for quite a while. The re-design they did a couple years ago didn’t bring anyone back.

Ryan Schwartz

What is MNO?

Minnesota Outdoorsman, I believe. Everyone there speaks emoji. Feels like a community of 16-year-olds.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>
    What is MNO?

Minnesota Outdoorsman, I believe. Everyone there speaks emoji. Feels like a community of 16-year-olds.

then stay away

btyreprich
    Rhinelander, WI

I’ve been a member of Walleye Central for several years and agree that their traffic / posts are down in numbers. WC is still a good forum with many knowledgeable people sharing info which is nice. Glad a friend told me about this forum.

tim hurley

Start up has only been slow for me a couple of times, I do something else, come back and its fine again. Lots of traffic and knowledgable people here, its better that HSO IMO.
    If you want input from James get out there and look for him, he will be the guy in a Warrior with a fish on. waytogo

glenn57
    cold spring mn

For anyone who bashes MNO, no different than here other than a bunch more fun once you get used to getting around in it.
    Sure, same old boys posting the same old poop, but I challenge each and everyone of you, lead by example, if you dont like whats there, post something new, informative, silly, whatever, just flowering lead !!!!!!!!!
    Not everyone will follow, not everyone will lead but get off of your dead ass and do something!!!!

well said sir!! waytogo waytogo woot

Deuces

Open water tab at MNO 2 newest topics latest reports where June SMH, and only bumped from recent ido members chirping in on old posts.

There’s people here who come for the fishing but the social is active so why not, but if it’s all social and no fishing no thank you.

Joe

Muskie first is ok if you muskie fish. Doesn’t get a ton of traffic but still a lot of good info

Viewing 18 posts - 61 through 78 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.