Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats and Welcome to IDO Finlander!

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

Walleyes are biting good!
    Caight 50+ eye’s on Memorial weekend!

Welcome to IDO

Now on to business how about some detail on how you caught the 50 walleyes.

finlander

Trolling shad raps 7-8′ of water from 6:00pm to dark outside the pencil reeds!

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

Crawlers are working good too. Nothing going on the leeches yet for me.

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

We have never been on Osakis but that is going to change come this tuesday. Could you guys be more specific as to the locations that would be the best to start? Pencil reeds is a good start but where are they. We are staying at Idlewilde

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

There are a lot of reed areas on Osakis. Not all of these areas will hold the walleyes though. Since your staying at Idlewilde, just ask them there, they should be able to direct you to a couple of good spots. There is an area right out from them that is called Half Mile Bar. There aren’t any reeds there but can be good walleye fishing at times.

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

Thanks

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

We did alright on Osakis this past Wednesday and Thrusday. My brother and my son each boated 4 keeper eyes and 3 or 4 pike. The only ones I could get were under 15″ But Friday was not a day to be on the water for me, way big waves. No fish for anyone. But we fried up the ones we got earlier. Some locale kids had to be picked up by another boat after there boat would not start and they decided to swim for shore instead of waiting for the boat to get to the oposite shore. Some one called 911 and the whole Osakis emergency team showed up pulled right into Idlewilde resort. Scared the heck out of Jim and Suzie. The fire boat pulled the boat back to the ramp and it all worked out. They were lucky. Anyway, Retired Thanks for your info and there are alot of reed beds like you said. We did alot of our fishing on the south and east side of the reed bed in the middle. We will be back next year for sure very nice lake

iamdoc
    Osakis, MN

Hello Fisherman. I have lived on the lake the past six years. Sort of know where the fish are if you’re coming up send me a message. As for last weekend the Lions walleye tournment was fishing the lake. Many teams had no 16″+ fish to report. Some did well. Friday’s paper will have the results. When coming up don’t forgot to bobber fish the weedline. It’s worth the 90 minutes invested.

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

The tourney result’s were not very impressive. I think the winning team had just under 16 pounds total for the two days. I think a lot of the teams didn’t even have a keeper fish on Sunday. Good prescription from the Doc on the weedlines.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.