July

• whiskeyandwater
    ????

Alright well I have a spot booked for a week at Holiday Resort on Osakis for July 4th-11th. Seeing as how July can now not come fast enough I figured it’s never to early to start dreaming, and researching.

What is the bite typically like during early July out there? Anything worth focusing on more than another? anything not worth focussing on?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Not sure about up there, but the bite on the St Croix is phenomenal in July!

whiskeyandwater
    ????

YEah I tried that. apparently the wife didn’t feel a 20 minute drive South was considered a vacation. I however disagree.

mrwalleye
    MN

Osakis is great in July, the walleyes will be going at night on the shallow weeds and rocks and the panfish bite is also good.
    toss in the unreal small-mouth fishing and you wont be disappointed.
    I wish I was going with

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

You will be able to take your pick of what you want to catch. Just about everything will be biting then at certain times of the morning, day, or evening. Northerns are willing to jump on your hook just about anytime.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Excellent!!! This was what I was hoping to hear! July can’t come quick enough.

If the Northerns jump on the hook during July I will be a very happy guy. I am on a mission this year. My dad for what ever dumb luck it is has never hooked up with one. ( I’m pretty sure he is the only person in MN to never land a northern) every time we take him out just for that it fails. He missed out on 2 opener last year. One hit my line, and the other hit his crappie, and we almost landed it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.