26th Annual Osakis Lions Tourney

• Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Well I spent this past 4 days on Lake Osakis in Osakis MN trying to get a decent bite going for the 26th annual Lions club tournament!
    My fishing partner (Bryan Berscheid) and I had a lot at stake this year!! We were the defending champions from last years tournament so we wanted to at least finish in the top 20!!! Well if anyone has been reading about my tournaments so far this year, a top 20 is certainly a long shot!!!!

Well we made it!!! In fact, we finished 8th out of 90 boats!!!!
    It’s certainly not as sweet as 1st but a top 10 finish is awesome in my books!!

We finished with only 6 weigh fish for 2 days ( 6 is the daily limit) for 15.1 lbs!!!!
    1st place was 28 lbs
    2nd place was 26 lbs
    3rd place was 23 lbs

Then the weights started to drop off in a hurry!!!!

I thought we were in trouble after day 1…We only had 2 fish to bring to the scales 1 16″er and 1 21″ so we still had a decent weight for only 2 fish…It was 4.55 lbs!!!
    Day 2 we ended up with 4 weigh fish total for 10.55lbs!( 2 18″ fish, 1 20.5″ and 1 22.5″) For the total of 15.1lbs!!! I thought that weight would put us only in the top 20 but it turned out that with all the wind we had on Sunday that a lot of fishermen didn’t fair to well… Which was in our favor!!!

I would like to thank the Osakis Lions Club for once again putting on a wonderful tournament! They do an outstanding job running a tournament of this size! My hats off!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.