First outing on Lake Osakis advice

• russ0101
    Brooklyn Park, mn

Hey guys,

I am going to be going out on Lake Osakis for the first time on June 6. Taking my dad out there for some walleye/pike action. We don’t get to get out together very often so I was hoping to get some tips for the lake. I’m not really looking for spots, but just curious as to what the best baits are on this lake. Also, is there a time of day that the eyes on this lake prefer? I appreciate any input that anyone has in my attempt to make a memorable outing for Dad and I.

Marbleeye
    Upper red lake

I have had my best bites with night crawler harnasses on the sand flats.

russ0101
    Brooklyn Park, mn

excellent…..thank you for the tip. I really appreciate it. I will report how we do.

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

As June 6th gets closer I should be able to give you some decent info on how the bite is going at that time. You picked a good time to come. The walleye bite usually picks up on Osakis starting about Bass opener. Northerns should be going good by then also. Where will you be staying?

russ0101
    Brooklyn Park, mn

Will be staying at my parents in Sauk Centre. Never made it out on Osakis because of the lack of a boat when I was growing up. We always went fishing from shore locations on Sauk Lake and Cedar Lake off Hwy 71 between Sauk Centre and Long Prairie. Will definitely have to hit up the local bait shop and eateries in Osakis.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.