Opener is around the corner

• Michael Best

Who is getting excited for Archery opener?

Last year work was terribly busy. Was only able to hunt for 9 days in November.
    The year before was pretty much the same but was able to hunt for 2 weeks.

Now with a new job and at home 95% of the time I plan on hunting a bunch. Nebraska tag in pocket, SD tag in pocket and Mn tag will be bought soon.

Nebraska opens 3 weeks from tomorrow.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I just started shooting again this week, which is unusual as I usually shoot all summer, but I’m in a trap league with my son so that’s been taking up time.

Also, my oldest son wants to hunt the MN youth deer hunt (firearms) for the fist time this year, so we’ll need to spend some time on that hunt.

Lots and lots of deer on my farm. We need to take some does.

Michael Best

Nice, nothing better then getting kids in the woods and shooting a few does.

I haven’t shot near as much as I have in the past. Couple times a week is all. But shooting very well considering the amount.

hillhiker
    SE MN

I’m pretty disappointed work is getting in the way of my usual opener week vacation… stupid work! I always look forward to spending the first week on public before it gets beat up to bad. Either way I cant wait for 9/17. It can’t come soon enough.

ajw

Archery elk in Utah september 7-16th
    Archery Kansas in november for a week
    Back to Utah thanksgiving week for extended archery mule deer.

(Montana rifle tag on top of that)

Never stopped shooting bow at least once a week along with backpack cardio and weight training. Dont have to get ready if you stay ready. Shoot straight boys!

Michael Best

Did you draw an elk tag in Utah or hunt some of the few otc options?

I am sitting on 8 points for elk and 9 for deer in Utah. Hopefully I draw before I can’t get up the mtn anymore.

ajw

limited entry. I cashed in 12 points this year

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Always look forward to it, but don’t usually get in the woods too much until October. Since I have the bear tag, I’ll spend a lot of September on that.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I am beyond excited. Few permit zone changes have opened up some more spots to be a multiple deer unit so I will be spending some time in those. Also will be hunting WI a bunch this year as well. Hoping to have some good encounters and learn a lot!

Michael Best

Decided to check my tune on my bow for the year. Here is a group at 40 yards tonight. Yellow fletch arrow is with a VPA broad head. Green fletch is a field point.
    Will be shooting SevR broad heads this year. Both 1.5 and 2” cut heads.

Going to check a couple cams tomorrow.
    So far have been getting some good buck pics.

Attachments:
    1. 9B795FF3-2E16-4BB8-8D82-CF3CCB2C6921-scaled.jpeg

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Only thing i really have left to do is verify my 20-40 yard pins are still on. Shortened my draw length 1/2 inch so I bet it is fine. And shoot broadheads to be sure waytogo

Dabba
    Lakeville, MN

I myself cannot wait. Food plot is look great and the deer are hitting it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.