Open water report

• Breezy

As of today, I saw a boat come from moon valley up to the trestle and turned around. Went for a little drive to the Merrimac park and is open water around the trestle, but still a large chunk from okee to as far as I could see heading towards the grade. Have heard of people launching off Tipperary but have no actual proof. There was 2 guys Ice fishing sunset this morning. They fished till about noon. Pretty brave if ya ask me. Shouldn’t be too long now.

Breezy

Here is a picture from today from the deck. She has opened up quite a bit. Sunset and Moon Valley are still locked up. Saw another boat go up towards the trestle today. I would think the ferry will open up in the next few weeks depending on weather.

Attachments:
    1. lake.jpg

Breezy

Well, finally got the pier put in on Saturday, cleaned up around the house and my dad and I were on the water around 3:30pm. We launched from Sauk and decided to make the run down by Tipperary after launching. Fished for about 2 hours in the wind with only 2 short saugers. It was pretty tough with the waves/wind to stay vertical. Only about 6 boats when we showed up and 5 of them left within 20 minutes. I saw water temp from 36-38 degrees. Didn’t fish Sunday on the lake but went below the dam. Nothing in 3 hours but cold, wet and numb hands.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.