Ontario Moose hunting??

• wallster
    Austin, MN

I am looking at doing a moose hunt in Ontario. I have done it twice already with no success. I have seen moose but not had a shot. We have done a drive in hunt both times. This time we are looking at a fly-in hunt. Has anyone else done a fly in hunt and where did you go out of. Looking for a good place to go. Probably 4-6 guys.
    Wallster ><((((>

TheguN

dont know your budget.. but a DIY hunt Threw
    Renfros Alaskan adventures.. is not bad and you will get a moose there average is 66″

wallster
    Austin, MN

I checked out there site. Its about the top end of our range. Will definatly remember them for another trip. This one would be a lot of work for a couple of the guys in our group. This young guys not going to do all the hauling. Have you been up there with them befor??
    Wallster ><((((>

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Before you go all the way to Alaska, you might want to check with Air Cochrane. They fly out of Lillablle lake outside of Cochrane Ontario.

http://www.aircochrane.com/

wallster
    Austin, MN

Have you been with this outfitter befor??
    Wallster ><((((>

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Yes they are a solid outfitter honest and they keep their equipment in tip top shape (boats, motors, cabins). I have only fished with Air Cochrane and when I went the fishing was great. I have only heard good things about the moose hunting.
    If you call ask to talk to one of the head bush pilots. They know the country well and will provide you with the feedback you need.

wallster
    Austin, MN

Has anyone had any experience with Ogoki outfitters or seven lakes wilderness outfitter?
    Wallster ><((((>

Don Miller
    Onamia, MN

I did a spring fly in fishing trip with Ogoki Outfitters. They treated us very well. I did speak to the guides about moose hunting. They told me they like to call them, get them near the water so they can pack them out easier. They had some clear cut areas they also hunted.

wallster
    Austin, MN

Which lake did you fish?? See any moose while you were there?
    Wallster ><((((>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.