One Boat Network

• Michael Best

I just downloaded the new Humminbird app One Boat Network.
    Haven’t had to dive into it much.
    So far what I have seen is it’s a yearly subscription for all maps. $25 a year. No more buying individual maps.
    Covering LOTW and the rainy river is nice.
    Instead of having 2 depth highlights they have went to 4.
    They even show the Canadian side.
    Here is a screen shot of the Birchdale access on the Rainy.

Attachments:
    1. F53B29B2-F003-4655-B662-82C9A9BE39C8.png

2. 839F33D2-9602-4CC7-AC7B-C181482591F6.png

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This is a app on my phone ? I do not have to run hummingbirds ? Does it have the st croix and Mississippi on it ?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Can you send those maps to the Hummingbird units?

Michael Best

Yes it’s an app for your phone. No you won’t have to run birds to use it.

I just checked Pool 2 and St Croix are both covered.

Same good lakemaster maps being used.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

My understanding is the yearly subscription will get all the maps on your mobile device. If you want individual lakes on your GPS unit, you will have to purchase and download to a SD card.

Obsession
    Maple Grove

My understanding is the yearly subscription will get all the maps on your mobile device. If you want individual lakes on your GPS unit, you will have to purchase and download to a SD card.

Correct, I don’t see the ability to transfer maps to head units. It costs $25 / year just to view maps only on your phone.

I really wish they’d make it possible to auto-sync waypoints between your phone and head unit. This would make it so much easier to transition from open water to ice fishing!!!!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Might have to download that one. Not super happy with Navionics

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

About time you can use more than 2 colors on lakemaster maps!

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

might be a good reason to get an iPad or google tablet… Or they should make a version that runs on Surface or other Windows 11 system. Sure, I can view the maps on my iPhone but having it on a bigger screen would be great. I guess I’m not too worried about downloading maps to the Helix, as I’d rather use AutoChart to create my own but having a really good map to identify areas of interest (or areas of hazard!) would be very handy when going to an unfamiliar body of water.

Also agree that it would great to be able to copy waypoints and tracks between a Helix and a phone. I know you can download to a SD card from one Helix and then copy those over to a different Helix but it would be great if you could do that via the new app, and keep a copy on your phone.

Ryan Scholl

About time you can use more than 2 colors on lakemaster maps!

The VX charts allow for more colors and more than 2 areas.

Aboxy17

I would be interested to try the lake master. I have liked the Navionics on my Echomap but I have found so inaccuracies mostly on smaller lakes. The one thing that I like is unlimited depth highlighting. I have every 5 feet a different color which might not be for some people but I find it really helpful and it makes looking at sharp breaks and immense structure a little easier.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Lakemaster has a list online of the lakes that have been mapped in HD. I use Lakemaster and fish mainly around Wright and Meeker counties. I would say half of the lakes I fish have very accurate HD maps. The rest are mapped no better, if not worse, than the Navionics app. It all depends on your situation and the lakes you fish.
    HB chart lists

CaptainMusky

Might have to download that one. Not super happy with Navionics

Same. I wonder if you lose the ability to use the app if you dont re-up the second year or do you just not get updates. Navionics you can keep using it just nothing is updated.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.