OMG

• reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Len, I’m viewing this at work and supposedly happily productive. At a glance, will you paraphrase the “OMG” parts I should be noticing?
    -Rev

LenH
    Wisconsin

Len, I’m viewing this at work and supposedly happily productive. At a glance, will you paraphrase the “OMG” parts I should be noticing?
    -Rev

brook trout not being allowed to be kept. the dnr finally addressing gill lice.

many streams are made nothing bigger kept than 12 inches.

some streams are made 5 keeps no size limit.

seems to me like a cumbersome bunch of micromanagement.

thought regs were to be streamlined?

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I hope to come into this type of fishing someday, but the regs are scary hard to want to keep up with. I’d be a catch and release guy, but still…. there’s a lot there to take in.

Len – your posting and photos over the years are a huge draw for small stream fishing. Someday I hope to experience it.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I see they’re proposing an expanded winter season starting in January similar to MN.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I just glanced over it lightly, is it specific streams? I didn’t see were they can’t be kept, in my area anyway

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

So Len are they saying that you cant even keep a trophy? Like a 19inch brookie because if that is the case they better hope that someone doesn’t catch a possible record.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

It’s not as cut and dry as brookies can’t be kept, they can be kept on some streams. I’m not seeing any mention of brookies other than in the regs for specific streams starting on page 4, am I missing something?

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

It looks there are a number of driftless area streams in SW WI with no harvest proposals for Brookies. They are county and stream specific.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.