Old Growth Tree Database??

• B-man

I met with the owner of our new house the other day (she’s letting us drop stuff off ahead of time).

She said that every few years someone (DNR?) comes out to measure and study some of the trees on the property, apparently they’re some of the oldest in the area.

I tried looking online to see if there’s any information about them, but couldn’t get anything to show up on an interactive map I found.

Is there a website that shows old growth trees on private property? I’d love to know more about them!

Gregg Gunter

The Mn DNR has a largest tree list. They list a bunch of different species.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Thats cool you’re able to drop stuff off ahead of time. The sellers of our place let us do the same and that courtesy was a Godsend, we’d still probably be moving if we hadn’t been able to.

Red Eye

Careful with moving in before closing. Buddy and his wife did that. Boat and fishing gear were in the shed before they closed. Shed was robbed. Batteries, trolling motors several st croix and loomis rods, graphs and all his tackle. Home owners wouldn’t cover a dime cause it wasn’t technically theirs yet.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Careful with moving in before closing. Buddy and his wife did that. Boat and fishing gear were in the shed before they closed. Shed was robbed. Batteries, trolling motors several st croix and loomis rods, graphs and all his tackle. Home owners wouldn’t cover a dime cause it wasn’t technically theirs yet.

That’s why the boats insured. We also moved in before closing.

ThunderLund78

I know cottonwoods grow fast, but man we have to have some of the biggest on my mom and dad’s property in the MN River Valley. Not sure if they’re old, but they’re gigantic.

buschman
    Pool 2

B-Man, did the owner mention what species these trees are being studied?

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

That’s why you contact your insurance company before and and get a rider. I did that when we moved a few years back, we could use the additional detached garage for a week prior to close. It’s basically like renters insurance for a brief period. I’m honestly surprised the currently home owner didn’t request it, as it could be their liability.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Were they “measuring” in the fall, and having to come in real early and leave real late in camo? rotflol

B-Man if you are concerned about it, check with your insurance agent, as your current Home insurance may include some off-premises personal property coverage already. But it’s worth double checking.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Looking for a certain species to carve?

B-man

Some big oaks that are from the 1800’s

Thanks for the insurance tips.

I talked with my insurance company, I’m covered with 10% of my policy for possessions located off site. Looking into a renters policy to cover more stuff as we will be bringing more and more up in the coming weeks.

buschman
    Pool 2

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buschman wrote:</div>

Looking for a certain species to carve?

I might need a bigger saw. whistling

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.