IOWA BASS ANGLERS

• norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

DID ANYONE FISH OR HEAR IF THEY HAD THE BASS TOURNMENT TODAY ON WEST DURING THE TYPHOON? IOWA BASS ANGLERS WERE HAVING A TOURNMENT. I WANTED TO GO BUT…………I THINK YOU’D NEED A 2000LB. THRUST TROLLING MOTOR AND THROW 4 OZ. JIGS.

prov1900
    NE Nebraska

I was there and at the time, thank powers to be, my boat was in a hoist. I left it there Sunday, thinking that was the last time I would see it in one piece, even in the hoist. Thankfully drove the two hours on Monday to retrieve it. No way in h*!! was I going to get that thing out on Sunday and attempt to get it on a trailer. Unbelievable!! Saturday night, we were on the south side of Millers Bay when the bigger wind hit. Naturally, as (smart) as we were, we made the almost fateful trip across the bay, in a quartering wind, in the pitch black of darkness. Top three scariest times I have ever been in a boat. I have a 19 ft Pro-V with a 225. It wasn’t nearly big enough on that night. Almost dumped it. And that was when the wind was “calm” compared to Sunday. To answer your question, there were no boats on the water that I could see on Sunday. NO WAY!!!

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

WOW!I WAS WATCHING THE LAKE LIVE FROM WEST LAKES WATER PATROLS LIVE WEB CAM AND THE LAKE LOOKED LIKE LAKE SUPERIOR.I’VE BEEN BASS FISHING THE LAKE FOR 25+ YEARS AND THAT DAY WAS ONE OF THE WURST I’D SEEN! DID THEY SET ANOTHER DATE?

shaley
    Milford IA

You think West was rolling you should have seen Big Spirit it was ROCKIN. Lots of dock busted up enough spray over the road to wash your trucks with. I stayed to the little lakes and it was still rough.

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

I KNOW LAST SUMMER THE LAKE WAS SO ROUGH THAT IT TORE MY BAIT BUCKET FROM MY LIFT AND TOSSED IT 20 FT. ON THE LAWN.FOUND ALOT OF BAIT BUCKETS ON THE EAST SHORE THAT MORNING. I WRITE MY NAME ON MINE NOW! HAHA!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.