Memorial Day

• skippy783
    Dysart, IA

I spent Memorial Day Weekend on West O with the girlfriend and her family. Managed to do some fishing on Sunday and Monday. Sunday was pretty slow, only managed two fish in the boat and nothing too special at that. Monday though, we just fished off the dock at the resort and I had pretty good luck. Caught a bunch of sunfish right under our dock and the next dock over and also managed to entice a 2-2.5 pound largemouth into hitting. Monday, we just used leeches under a bobber and that caught all of our fish for us.

I was hoping maybe we’d get into some ‘eyes, but I wouldn’t have known where to start looking for them. We still had a good time, and managed to have something stretch the string, so it was a success.

Hopefully I’ll have a picture of the bass up tonight or tomorrow.

moem
    Rhode Island

I was out on big spirit last week and got in to the walleyes 13 to 17 inches and one small Muskie in the north east bay. Was casting No. 5 clown or fire tiger husky jerk into the reeds and along the edges. The water was about 5 foot. There where a lot of trailers that would follow but not bite so the trick might have been having some live bate.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.