New West O. report

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Just spent a few days on West O. and have put up a few reports for those interested.
    We got into some nice gills,smallies,and perch.With the cool temps coming in the water temps should start to drop making for some good eye and perch action.
    Ryan Hale

emover
    Malcom, IA

Ryan,
    Thanks for the info, I knew it would happen eventually. I spent 5 days last week visiting my son. Made it out 2 days. One nice smallie for the trouble. If you ever feel the need for rain, or wind, or cold nasty weather, just let me know, I’ll cross I-35 and you’re sure to have it.
    One of these days, I’m really gonna get the boat out on West.

dave

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hey Ryan, Is the campground in the pic the one on the west side of Big O or is it the one on the west side of Spirit [a real small one on the lake shore]? Some really good fall fishing should be kicking in soon with the falling water temps. Thanks for all the fishing reports you do. Great job.

Emover, get that boat out and catch some fish. Hows it going Bud?

Thanks, Bill

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Thanks for the report Ryan. Would like to get up there and hit some eyes. Howz the bite on Spirit? Might be up for a half a day next weekend.

Thanks Moe

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I’ll have a new report up today guys,as always thanks for all the feedback.I like to read reply’s from all of you.
    Bill,the pic is of the campground on the West side of West O.The campground on the West side of Spirit is the biggest campground around the lakes,around 200 spots.
    Moe,Spirit has had a very good bite for the wader/shore anglers the last few weeks.
    Ryan Hale

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Ryan great pic of your son and his very nice perch. Can you help us out with a question? We’ll be over next Tues. to chase some perch and eyes and will be staying at west oaks witch has no fish cleaning facilities. Can you tell us if there are any public ones and where they are located? Also any tips and location to get into some eyes on west or east? Your help is appriciated.
    Thanks, Wahly

shaley
    Milford IA

Only cleaning station I know of is on Spirit at Marble Beach but betting that will be closed up soon if it hasnt been already. If your willing to pay Shucks will clean fish and possibly Stans bait in Milford.

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Thanks for the info Shaley that is the only one I’m aware of to and bet you right about it being closed. We might have to use Shucks. Have you been fishing? Are the perch still bitting?

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Scott,perch have been hit and miss.You guys have done well in the past so try what has worked and see what happens.Try the deep water on West for a chance at a big eye.You won’t get alot of bites but could get that trophy fish.
    Ryan Hale

shaley
    Milford IA

I have been out but mostly on Spirit off the bank for eyes, some days great others just so so. Try the grade if it blows slow dragging jigs has been producing for me, if its slow tip with minnows.

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

Thanks for the info Ryan and Shaley, well be up next week to see what happens and will post a report later.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.