Odds that resorts will be open this winter

• iTinker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>iTinker wrote:</div>
    What don’t you get? The more jackwagons ignoring these guidelines, the slower it takes to fully open and get back to normal. You are literally costing small businesses and resorts money by propogating this thing. None are at capacity yet, and many have seen q1/q2 losses of 30% or more.

Call a popular resort on a popular lake and try and get a room next weekend. I bet you will have to call more than one.

Clearly you haven’t run a resort. Rooms are only part of revenue. Not to mention, this opening can be reversed at any time, and a simple spike in cases can shut everything back down.

Spencer Haugen

When did this page get political this virus is no worse then the flu if you actually do research on it

munchy
    NULL

A little tip for those screaming to wear masks. Seal up them masks!
    Don’t need to thank me.

Attachments:
    1. 117881483_10221103491891032_1987272492142907165_n.jpg

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

To answer the original question, I believe they will be open this winter. I worked at a resort all summer (on winnie actually). It was the busiest year they have had in the 20+ years that they have owned it. The amount of revenue that the travel industry brings in northern MN is quite impressive. My understanding was that as long as hotels are open, resorts will be open as well. And imo they won’t be closing hotels…

Ice Cap

JR’s on Red is taking reservations for sleeper houses already and are saying nothing about you all need to be from the same hive. I just put a deposit down on our yearly Devils Lake trip for six. Never said one thing about masks, being from the same family, nothing.

I see very few people wearing masks walking into or out of any of our local establishments much less inside. The emotional reservoir for most people has been drained on this thing. Time to move on.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Take a deep breath. You are one of the few thats strictly following the rules. (if you are) I see large groups every weekend on my trips north. Some are close to the metro, some in central Minnesota and some up on the border. People are wearing masks going into the stores. Bars & restaurants not so much. (how can you?) Until somebody close to us drops dead and there is 100% no doubt it’s Covid people will believe what they believe. You still have those who smoke, drink & drive & and eat Twinkies despite all the warnings.

iTinker

Between Dr. Haugen and Dr. Munchy, we’ve got some real quality medical advice. If it isn’t peer reviewed and published in real journals, it’s garbage.

turningleavesandice
    So. Iowa

Reminds me of Dr Fauci, who hasn’t been right about anything and only wears a mask when on camera.

munchy
    NULL

Between Dr. Haugen and Dr. Munchy, we’ve got some real quality medical advice. If it isn’t peer reviewed and published in real journals, it’s garbage.

I have some of that peer review for ya

Attachments:
    1. 118033908_10221749645184877_2918555477600480416_n.jpg

iTinker

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>iTinker wrote:</div>

I have some of that peer review for ya

I see you took your ponytail out of the space horse and found Facebook. Happy for you.

joneser
    Inactive

Winnie had a terrible year last year due to slush. They was actually talk in the legislature of doing some sort of bailout for resorts that were hit hard last year from slush like no one had ever seen before the effectively shut down operations.

I can’t imagine any resort on Winnie doing anything but rolling out the red carpet for you. Once in outstate MN very few people wear masks, most tend to view covid as the joke it is from my experience. I wouldn’t worry at all about planning a trip.

I’m a republican, and if you want the resorts open, quit being selfish, put on a mask, or stay at home. Small businesses like resorts are getting hammered by anti-science morons. Quit being an embarrassment, man up, and put a mask on so we can reopen.

Anti-science morons? Can you please share the science that shows mask prevent the spread? It’s funny how the scientists who were all wrong are why we’re at where we’re at. There was supposed to be 74,000 dead in MN by now, and not just people living in nursing homes who were already dying be labeled as covid deaths.

Cloth masks are pointless.

All the measurements in the attached visual are accurate. Look it up if you don’t believe me.

Attachments:
    1. Ec7y6GAWsAE7Ht9.jpeg

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

This site is in denial and it’s not a river in Egypt LOL

joneser
    Inactive

It’s a cold. That’s all it is. Coronavirus is what causes the common cold. Think of the worst cold you’ve ever had. If the media had bombarded you daily that you had a deadly virus instead of a cold you’d be freaking out when the reality is it’s just another strain of the cold. The average age of those “killed” by it is six years older than the average life expectancy. What does that tell you?

Most people listed as dying from it had not one but two comorbidities. The amount of people who’ve died from covid, just covid, is less than 10,000 nationally. If you’re under 65 the flu has a 3x higher mortality rate. If you’re a kid the mortality rate of the flu is 9x than covid.

Have we ever freaked out about the flu like this?

Lower respiratory illness has been the 6th leading cause of death in this country for a looooong time. It’s nothing new. The only difference is that doctors are coding 1 out of 12 deaths in this country because they get money if they do. States get money from the feds per death and per case so they’ve been inflating the numbers because they had to. A lot of hospitals would’ve gone under had they not.

In MN 80% of the “deaths” are from people in nursing homes/LTC facilities. We’re talking about people that most likely can’t get out of bed, shower, dress, eat, and go to the bathroom on their own. That’s who are dying from it.

If you’re healthy enough to get out of bed and walk down some stairs in the morning you’re too healthy to die from covid.

The only one in denial is the idiots in charge. In MN there’s been 2,177 cases where the person ended up in ICU seven months into it. The Governor said we’d need 3,000 ICU beds A DAY for when it peaked in June. He said with virtual certainty that there’d be 74,000 dead by now. The state bought a $7 million dollar giant commercial freezer for overflow since they were certain there wouldn’t be enough capacity in all the morgue.

They were wrong. None of that stuff even came close to happening. This is a pandemic that never was.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It’s a cold. That’s all it is. Coronavirus is what causes the common cold. Think of the worst cold you’ve ever had. If the media had bombarded you daily that you had a deadly virus instead of a cold you’d be freaking out when the reality is it’s just another strain of the cold. The average age of those “killed” by it is six years older than the average life expectancy. What does that tell you?

Most people listed as dying from it had not one but two comorbidities. The amount of people who’ve died from covid, just covid, is less than 10,000 nationally. If you’re under 65 the flu has a 3x higher mortality rate. If you’re a kid the mortality rate of the flu is 9x than covid.

Lower respiratory illness has been the 6th leading cause of death in this country for a looooong time. It’s nothing new. The only difference is that doctors are coding 1 out of 12 deaths in this country because they get money if they do. States get money from the feds per death and per case so they’ve been inflating the numbers because they had to. A lot of hospitals would’ve gone under had they not.

In MN 80% of the “deaths” are from people in nursing homes/LTC facilities. We’re talking about people that most likely can’t get out of bed, shower, dress, eat, and go to the bathroom on their own. That’s who are dying from it.

If you’re healthy enough to get out of bed and walk down some stairs in the morning you’re too healthy to die from covid.

The only one in denial is the idiots in charge. In MN there’s been 2,177 cases where the person ended up in ICU seven months into it. The Governor said we’d need 3,000 ICU beds A DAY for when it peaked in June. He said with virtual certainty that there’d be 74,000 dead by now. The state bought a $7 million dollar giant commercial freezer for overflow since they were certain there wouldn’t be enough capacity in all the morgue.

They were wrong. None of that stuff even came close to happening. This is a pandemic that never was.

^This.

The world is also flat.

Karry Kyllo

Over 1M worldwide and 209K in the US dead from Covid-19 and you honestly believe that? You’ve never studied science have you?

joneser
    Inactive

Yeah, I just laid out what I believe.

What’s sad is that you think covid has killed 209K.

About 200K of those people died while testing positive for covid (or they simply wrote it on the death certificate without testing positive). Covid did not kill them. Most of them were extremely elderly and dying. Most of them had pneumonia, in addition to other co-morbidities.

Again, the average age of mortality for covid exceeds the overall average mortality age (average life expectancy).

What does that tell you?

The numbers are completely false and inflated. The CDC has publicly stated that less than 6% of the death toll is from people who died from covid with no co-morbidities.

Here’s why they’re inflated, because hospitals get paid A LOT more in federal funds for covid patients.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3000638001

2.2 million people have died in this country since covid. People who have supposedly died from covid, just covid not cancer, pneumonia, old age, obesity, AND covid….you’re looking at less than a half a percent of total deaths. Not even 1 out of 200 deaths.

It’s a joke.

Masks?

They don’t work and appear to increase the spread. Look at California, look at Sweden, heck…look at Wuhan. They had two dozen cases when they implemented a mask mandate they enforced with corporal punishment. Anyone caught not wearing a mask was cuffed around the nearest telephone pole, backside out, and they freaking caned them. So they had a 100% compliance on wearing masks and guess what? They didn’t work because if they did we wouldn’t have ever heard of covid-19.

Look around using your own eyes. Are you seeing a lot of sick, ill, and dead people? I’m not.

If you’re healthy enough to tie your own shoes after getting out of bed catching covid is nothing more than a cold. That’s it. It’s not even a nasty cold. The vast, vast majority of people won’t ever have symptoms. We’ve all been exposed to it, it’s everywhere. The virus is so weak that most people who are exposed won’t ever have antibodies to it because it’s so weak your body kills it off before the immune system has to even fire up and start producing extra white blood cells and antibodies.

The media is literally hyping up a virus that 95%+ will never even know we had it.

Oooooh scary…a virus that doesn’t make you sick when you get it…the sheer horror of it all.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20201004-210815_Autodesk-SketchBook.jpg

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.