October is going to be extra busy this year!

• Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Wayne Daul wrote:</div>
    Congratulations, our group of 6 haven’t drawn a tag in 5 years in ‘Montana.

Points creep for Western Big Game hunts is very, very real. I missed out on MT General Elk this year for the first time in 4 years and it about broke my heart which is how the NM elk tag came into being. I couldn’t stomach the idea of missing out on an elk hunt completely this fall so I bought a landowner tag in NM.

I did manage to shoot a high Boon and Crocket goat 6 year’s ago so I can’t complain.

I’d love to see a picture of your goat if you’re inclined to share it.

Here’s the picture, note the very rare double “cutters” on right side.

Speaking of Elk tags I have the big slap in the face from Montana this year received a Elk tag in mail and two weeks later a letter asking me to send it back! Seems they sent 1,200 hunters tags instead of refunds by mistake. That really hurt.

Wayne

Attachments:
    1. 9638D3E0-FB5E-4D56-B828-BE1E463454E8-scaled.jpeg

2. 69C3831F-E8B8-43AC-B94E-CF6D9E76821C-scaled.jpeg

tornadochaser

I love antelope meat; It’s sweeter than whitetail venison. The bad taste generally comes from the goats that get chased for 4 miles, shot, drug to the truck, then ride around in the truck for the rest of the weekend. Shoot, quarter, pack out, place on ice, and the meat is great.
    Sucks that our herd here in South Dakota is struggling. Our group of 6 guys decided to pass on applying this year.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Here’s the picture, note the very rare double “cutters” on right side.

That’s a sweet goat, Wayne. Thanks for sharing the photo. I appreciate it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

My daughter went to hugh school with Travis. He has built a good business at a young age, I have heard nothing but good about his work.

Travis is a fantastic guy and his rifles are as well built as you can buy. I own three of his builds now – a 300 PRC, a 6 BRA, and a 22 Creedmoor. All three of them are absolute tack drivers. Another thing worth mentioning is he’s a competitive shooter, reloader and has always been willing to answer any question I throw his way about his rifles, other guns I own, reloading, optics. He’s become a trusted source for reliable info and that, to me, is as valuable as the rifles he builds.

Here’s the link to this website >>> https://www.tscustom.com/

The next project I’m going to have him work on is a muzzleloader. He showed me a muzzleloader he’s been playing with when I was out to pick up my 22 Creedmoor that used an Impact action including bolt, KS1 stock and carbon fiber barrel that could be fired using black or smokeless powder. Essentially it looks and feels similar to one of his high-end bolt gun builds. The accuracy at 400 – 600 yards he’s able to achieve is mind blowing.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Congrats James.

Tell my old buddy Scott hi for me.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Congrats James.

Tell my old buddy Scott hi for me.

You know it! One of these years I’m going to actually draw a tag in ID and come see you for a visit! I’ve been applying for elk, deer and antelope in some of the harder to draw units for the last 3 years and I keep coming up empty handed. I think I need to lower my standards and put in for some easier to draw units so I stop throwing away my ID license application money each year. waytogo

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

That is the coolest picture I’ve ever seen. Can you get replacement tungsten dust so it sparks like that again? Good luck with your hunt.

SR

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That is the coolest picture I’ve ever seen. Can you get replacement tungsten dust so it sparks like that again? Good luck with your hunt.

SR

Yes, yes you can! I would recommend the first-time shooter wear an absorbent undergarment should you go this route. rotflol

Lithium Powder on Alibaba

CaptainMusky

Yes, yes you can! I would recommend the first-time shooter wear an absorbent undergarment should you go this route.

Did you know that was going to happen going in? LOL

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Congrats! As far as trips out west, negative. I am still banking points with the wife. I think I’m about 4 years away from acquiring enough of them. Make sure to post pics!

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

We threw a bunch of it away that a friend brought to deer camp one year after everyone about gagged. Even the bears wouldn’t eat it. 🤮

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Congrats Mr.Holst and good luck.
    I really like the fireworks picture.I bet that would look even better after dark.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.