Oahe Bound

• Denny O
    Central IOWA

Just a bit over a week from now. A full week starting June 14th!

How is it going over there? Any info?
    Thanks,
    Denny

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

I’ll be out there on 19 post a report if u can.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Where you staying and planning on launching out of?

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Where you staying and planning on launching out of?

waterice
    Elk Point, SD

I Will be staying at Farm Island. I will be launching at cow creek or by farm island maybe north by pike haven or even down river a ways depending on weather and reports. I will be doing more morning and evening fishing. If the wearther is nice i will be takeing the kids tubing.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

If your willing to go south I know that West Bend area has been good with spinners and crawlers as well as a slow death hook with a crawler and perhaps a bead ahead of the hook. I have buddy that fishes up above more as the year goes on now I will see If I can gather some information from him for ya. – QB

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’ll see what I can do for you. (If I get service through a wifi.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

We are staying at the OutPost Lodge. I will keep my ears tuned to here as well for anything that you may be able to pass on Quintin.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

O Crap, how time flies! We found the best catch in 28 to 34 fow for the most part. 18 to 24 fow at sharp point areas where a main stream meets the larger finger forks.
    We used jumbo leaches, and Canooky Crawlers as usual. The biggest deal was buying local minnows were the meal of choice! A 21″ and 23″ were the 2 biggest, 13 1/2 through 15 was the norm for the first 1/2 week. We got into 15″ to 19″ late in the week, but was doing a ton of sorting to get the larger fish to the freezer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.