NW Angle Experience

• Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

I just got back from spending six days in the Angle, and all I can say is WOW! I spent months reading articles and watching videos, researching and preparing for this trip, and NONE of it did the beauty of the area justice. We stayed on Oak Island (Sportsman’s) and primarily fished Canadian waters. I’m officially hooked, and I will definitely be back.

I really gave my TUCR Precision a workout – the walleye fishing was spectacular, and three of us caught bonus big northerns while jigging walleyes. The crappie bite was considerably slower, but we were able to scratch a few good ones (15″+). Travel on the lake was good, with 30″+ of snow, and we had a solid 34″ of ice everywhere we fished, so there’s still plenty of time to get up there and experience it for yourself!

Attachments:
    1. 23.jpg

2. 21.jpg

3. 11.jpg

4. 29.jpg

5. 26.jpg

6. 10.jpg

7. 6.jpg

8. 19.jpg

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Sounds incredible. How did you get to Oak Island? I think it’s like 38 miles from shore did it take a long time?

Brandon Sibert
    Tomah, WI

We crossed the border in Warroad and took the ice road from Young’s Bay.

Attachments:
    1. 39D6E1F9-69F1-4349-931E-CE817305F27F.jpeg

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Sounds like a fun trip. Nice fish in the pictures!

I have been up there once. We took snowmobiles across from Wheelers Point. It took about an hour and a half to get up there. We took our time riding across.

It sure is neat up there. I have been thinking about trying to get up there again this year.

Thanks for putting up a report.

404 ERROR
    MN

Awesome report, thanks for sharing. Oak and Flag island is absolutely beautiful country in the summer, I can only imagine how it is in the winter. I’ve been thinking about making a trip up there for ice fishing, I think this solidified my plans for next year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.