Nutritional value (cold) pickled pike?

• Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

Random thought… after the salt bath and vinegar. What is left as far as nutrition? Talking of the no heat method that is popular. Thoughts/wisdom? – Boogs

ThunderLund78

Interesting! Never thought of it. I would think Pike may have a bit less fat than the herring. but I would think the protein would be comparable.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Interesting! Never thought of it. I would think Pike may have a bit less fat than the herring. but I would think the protein would be comparable.

i would agree….i dont think pike is the least bit fatty. and i pickle alot of them little snot rockets.

after looking at suzuki’s post and nutritional label i was surprised also. just not sure how one would compare herring to pike???

i’ve been told the same thing about pickles…….there is no nutritional value to eating them. i asked a nutritionists that once……..all she said was its fiber??? and i eat alot of pickles!!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Most fish in its original form has quality nutritional value. The final nutritional result is often mitigated in how we prepare or cook them. Like pan frying in oil/butter or deep frying oil so they’re covered in batter.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Most fish in its original form has quality nutritional value. The final nutritional result is often mitigated in how we prepare or cook them. Like pan frying in oil/butter or deep frying oil so they’re covered in batter.

No kidding.
    Thats why he asked after it was pickled not while it was swimming

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.