Not over yet

• Cw

Snuck out the other night after work for a few hours on a new lake. No one else out there. Started in 17 feet of water and ended the night up in 7. Didn’t have plans to stay after dark but when the last 5 fish are over 14, imcluding a 15.5 you figure out how to keep the rod tip in the red on the vexilar. They sure seem to be playing the late ice game right now. Started off with a 4mm glow red drop with one of my plastics and switched over to a Pinhead spoon for the rest of the night. Some of the lakes are going quick around here.

Not sure why pictures are n0t uploading.

Attachments:
    1. thumbnail_IMG_2460.jpg

2. thumbnail_IMG_2464.jpg

3. thumbnail_IMG_2465.jpg

4. thumbnail_IMG_2478.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I chickened out this weekend and went 4 wheeling instead.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Ice out in my neighborhood occurred yesterday. I saw a boat being launched on my way to church this morning.

Hydro
    Brainerd Mn

Spent yesterday running around Backus area hitting a few different lakes. Ice ranged from a good 10 inches on one lake to cruddy 6 inches on the last lake. Found a nice group of crappie using only pinhead and red plastics.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

itooh a drive around the horseshoe chain.except for a few brave souls out on Browns lake…..nuttin. alot of open water shorelines and some bays were open!!!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I wish it wasn’t over around here. But at the same time I’m glad it is.

27eyeguy

Made it out yesterday afternoon in NW WI to close out the game fish season. Had 6″ of decent ice. Good action until wind switched and then really blew, shut the bite down. Was kinda neat ice fishing in hoodie during thunder, lightening, rain, and even some hail and periods of sun. Off to LOTW this weekend and that will likely be it for me.

Riverrat

Crappie season is going to be weird. It’s usually the first week with sunny weather and a south wind that tells me its coming, that and google showing me memories from previous years. Now I’m just going to have to go out every week and poke around in the weeds until the big ones turn on.

tim hurley

Crappies will either think its spring or winter, check shallow stuff then go deep, it will be weird, probably lots of swings ’till we get to spawn at 65 degrees.

orve4

Made it out to Devils Lake this week. 22 inches of ice with no signs of the ice leaving soon. Beautiful weekend to be out. Northerns were a little slower then typical years ended up with one 37 inches.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.