NOT impressed with my Howa at the moment.

• Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I had Picked up a Howa 1500 Kryptic late last fall in .223 and the rubberized camouflage is starting to peel off. Needless to say I am not happy, I am going to contact Howa about this problem and see what they have to say and what they will do. I have never had this problem on any rifle before so we shall see.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0008.jpg

2. IMG_0002.jpg

3. IMG_0003.jpg

4. IMG_0010.jpg

deertracker

Keep us posted, I wanted the same gun in 22-250.
    DT

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Of the few friends that have them, thats a first. I’ve seen them scratched from barbwire or rocks, but not blistering like that.

Check your pm. I met one of the Sr. customer service reps at the shot show. If you need to escalate things…. Keep us posted on their customer service. I am very interested to know how they handle things. I own two Howa’s and looking at a 3rd.

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Tom P, we sell a fair # of Howas in different variations of coatings. I have never seen one do that. They stand behind their product very well. If you need contacts please drop me a line and I will see if I can help you out. 651.388.4334

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Looks like a bad case of “orange peel”

Generally caused from a non clean surface

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Sent out the information to Howa today July 15 2015.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Very unfortunate, but it happens sometimes.

If you’re currently under attack by 500 angry woodchucks or a giant horde of zombie rabbits, just let us know. I’m sure the IDO members would make themselves available to help you shoot your way out of whatever varmint plague darkens your door. With no varmint trip this summer, I’ve got an itchy trigger finger that needs scratchin’…

Grouse

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

As an update they sent me an RO number to send back just the stock. It still kinda kills me when you buy something new and pay the bucks and it is not right and you have to pay shipping back to them because of there goof up.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

As frustrating as the cost of shipping can be, I’ve never had Walmart, Cabelas, USPS, Fleet Farm, Farm & Fleet, Big R, Rural king, Ace Hardware….ever compensate me for my gas or time either when I had to exchange defective products or rectify their errors.

When they send you a replacement stock, verify how many inch-pounds the guard screws need to be torqued to.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Randy and that P—es me off too it costs me money for someone else’s mistake .

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Randy and that P—es me off too it costs me money for someone else’s mistake .

I hear ya – Seems like I’m having a summer of fixing problems caused by others… chased

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

When they send you a replacement stock, verify how many inch-pounds the guard screws need to be torqued to.

I shipped the stock out Tuesday July 21 and included a note asking for the torque specs for the action. Good catch Randy I would of not thought to ask otherwise.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Well here we are an update. I had shipped of my stock July 18 and as of Aug 10 nothing back from Howa yet.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

What has their customer service said about it? Did they give a timeline? Shimano had sent a repair reel back to me once on ground snail service. Took 6 days for return ground ups.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I have not bugged them YET trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

2 weeks on a stock replacement seems long. I would be making the WTH phone call.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Update

Finally received my stock for my Howa 1500 Kryptic can not say they are fast at getting replacements out it took over 4 weeks. Initial contact was quick but after that it went down hill. I am glad they did replace it as it was there problem..

I had asked for the torque specs for the action and guess what nada so I will make another call to find out what they are.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.