North Metro Report

• NowthenJoe

Hey All,

Viewing the weather on Monday, I saw that Tuesday was looking like the last 50 degree day in quite some time so dad and I took the day off work and hit a couple lakes in the north metro to get the boat out one more time before being winterized. Fall fishing has been tough for me and I have never quite found the fishing to be all that great. This day was no different. I keep reading about how in the fall, if you can find fish, you can usually catch them. Finding fish wasn’t the problem for us. This has been an ongoing pattern this fall. We can mark fish, but when we set up over them, we have a hard time putting them in the boat. We have tried switching colors and presentation, tried lived bait and artificial; but could never really get the fish dialed in. We would get one here or there but no patterns to replicate success.

We ended the day on Tuesday with some bass and a couple of pike. The fish we were marking had to have been crappies (see attached photo), but unlike this summer, we were unable to get fish to commit. I am hoping we can setup on these fish after freeze up and hopefully they will be a bit more active.

How has this fall been for other folks on here?

-Joe

Attachments:
    1. sonar.jpg

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Not bad on the river. Kinda slow on the lakes Ive tried but then again Im not much of a lake fisherman.

NowthenJoe

I did get on the Rum a few weeks back and had a few decent fish to show for it.

I tried the Rum/Mississippi in Anoka last week for the first time, but the wind made things difficult out there and we didn’t find any fish.

I am thinking about hitting the Rum one more time in the canoe before freeze up. I guess we will see how the next week or two plays out.

-Joe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.