North Long-other area lakes

• tk7

So, I have spent the last 10-12 years getting to know North Long and Round. Our crew almost always fishes the week after opener, in support of mothers day!This year we fished hard from Friday-Sunday and caught 4 walleyes. In years past we would keep enough fish for a fish fry one night, never close to a limit for all of us. Question is, was it the Spring/Weather or is there a decline in fish? I read the Gull report and it wasn’t overwhelming. When we pulled the boat out Sunday afternoon, the DNR guy said we were one of two boats all weekend to catch any walleye and that the DNR was out stocking as we speak. Was a very strange trip. Any thoughts?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

We used to fish North Long for the opener back in the 80’s. Some years we couldn’t keep the walleyes off the hook. Some years it was as there wasn’t a fish in the lake.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Ouch, tough sledding. I came over to Round Sunday afternoon just to see if it was different than Gull.

Interesting question, with other factors it may take another couple weeks to get a better read. Super late ice out, cold water temps, and very high water clarity could be the dominating factors over a population decline.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.