North Long or Round Lake Ice report

• schrumy
    Clearwater MN

Good morning All

I am heading to either North Long or Round this weekend with the wheel house. Does any one have an update on Ice thickness on those lakes? Anyone driving out yet?

Thanks for the replies!!

djshannon
    Crosslake

The Brainerd Ice Extravaganza will be press releasing the ice conditions tested by the Sheriff’s Department 1/15/16. Since North Long and Round are pretty close to the event. It would be a pretty good gauge to the ice quality in the area.

blank

Yes, some people are driving out, especially on 371 Bay. Walleye Dan had a FB video yesterday saying ice ranged from 7.5-13″ on Gull. I’d guess Round had about 12-14″, but that ONLY A GUESS. I’m sure it varies, but the ice on those big lakes is very clear, good, black ice.

djshannon
    Crosslake

Brainerd Ice Fishing Extravaganza Postponed to February 6
    Brainerd Jaycees contest officials and the Crow Wing County Sheriff’s Office have decided to postpone the charitable ice fishing contest held on Gull Lake until February 6 in the interest of safety. “The warm weather has had an adverse effect on the lake ice; the result being inconsistent ice thickness through-out our lakes. The safety for our volunteers, personnel and those attending the event is the Sheriff’s Office main concern. The Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the Brainerd Jaycees for all the dedication and support that has been offered and look forward to a fun and safe event in the very near future,” Lieutenant Scott Goddard stated.
    “With the latest cold snap, we were optimistic the ice would be ready for us, but Mother Nature had another plan,” Chairperson Angie Nelson said, “however, it’s critical that we make sure the contest site is safe. This announcement will hopefully allow our participants enough time to adjust their plans to join us in three weeks.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.