North end sand

• Red Eye

Anyone been up on the north end sand yet? Three of us headed up Friday. Fish the north end mostly. Will be bringing a couple gallons of shinners and couple pounds of leeches, so hopefully they are eating.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Was up last weekend. We fished in he sand all weekend. Friday was decent, Saturday was a grind until you were able to find fish willing to cooperate. We probably boated 40 ish fish over 1.5 days, with 5 being in the slot. Just had to figure out what they wanted

Andrew Gilberg

Fished it on Sunday morning. Slow for us. Only caught a couple, both in 15-20 ft. It was glass calm all morning so I’m sure that wasn’t helping. Water temps were mid 50s everywhere we went.

Ripjiggen

Fish are all over now. I’m sure some still left in the sand.

Alex Fox

Fished the break on Saturday night. Only had an hour but boated 5 and missed 2. Just used a bobber and a leech which seemed to be working better than everyone else near me. You can usually find fish up there through June, as said above, just need to figure out what presentation they want.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

The north end sand has been slow for me. I’ve caught fish but hasn’t been easy. Mix of cold fronts followed by sunny calm conditions. The shallow sand is very difficult to mark fish. Need side imaging otherwise they swim away from the boat and you’ll never see them. I’ve been marking loads of fish around 17-21 feet but they just lay on the bottom very unwilling to bite. Lindy rigs and leeches have been the best day time.

Red Eye

The north end sand has been slow for me. I’ve caught fish but hasn’t been easy. Mix of cold fronts followed by sunny calm conditions. The shallow sand is very difficult to mark fish. Need side imaging otherwise they swim away from the boat and you’ll never see them. I’ve been marking loads of fish around 17-21 feet but they just lay on the bottom very unwilling to bite. Lindy rigs and leeches have been the best day time.

Ya SI definitely helps in the shallow clear water. Usually run along until I mark a pod of fish then spot lock and pitch jigs and shinners to them. Wind definitely helps. It works until you beat that pod up to bad or they get spooked for some reason or another. Then when another boat drives right over the top of them doesn’t help either.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.