NO terrova yet – BUT finally picked up my new boat!!!

• Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

The first week of April I bought my first (and last???) real boat. A 2021 Alumacraft Classic 165 CS with 60HP Mercury Fourstroke. I am 58, trying to retire and this should last me the rest of my fishing time. The Dealer had the boat – I think the last one in Wisconsin. He had the Helix 7 for the bow but no Terrova to hook it to. I order a Helix 9 for the helm then and it took until late July for him to get it – “After some yelling and screaming”. So I picked it up. I can fish without a trolling motor….September-October Minn Kota told him.

I decided I might as well have a new Shoremaster dock for it too. The first picture is of my 96 year old Dad and my new Alumacraft along with the Alumacraft (or one like it) I have been using for 50 years. The old boat has caught a ton of fish including 4 walleyes over 30″ and 3 muskies over 50″. I hope the new one will be as good. So far we are eating walleyes every day we want.

Now I need a to build mice free building to store it in. Funny how a new 16′ boat ends up costing about $80k.

It’s been a great year so far. A healthy 96 year old Dad that still works everyday – new truck – new boat. I just hope this retirement thing works. But the phone keeps ringing.

Attachments:
    1. DSCF2063-scaled.jpg

2. DSCF2061-scaled.jpg

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Nice looking rig, congratulations! hope you and your dad have some good days in it !

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Congrats on the new boat and i hope you get many more days in it with dad.

B-man

Few things in life are more exciting than picking up a new boat toast

Nice looking ride and cool to see your pops still at it waytogo

boone
    Woodbury, MN

I am 58, trying to retire and this should last me the rest of my fishing time.

If you’ve got the same longevity genes as your father, maybe not. That’s at least another 38 years.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.