No ice lets hunt

• c_w
    central MN

Made a day run out to Western Mn for an afternoon hunt with some buddies. Worked the cattails and were rewarded with a fine batch of birds. Seen tons of hens should be a good year next year with the late winter.

CW

Attachments:
    1. image22.jpg

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

waytogo

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Nice job. Glad you found some birds. I’ve been hunting in SE MN and have only flushed 1 hen in about 6 trips. That’s tough on a young dog.

Might have to put a few more miles on the truck and hit some spots I have not been on in a few years.

Dave

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Sheesh! Nice bag of birds!

c_w
    central MN

One more run a little further West this weekend to SD and we’ll finally end our bird season. Didn’t get up grouse hunting as much as we would have liked but mannaged a few. The boy managed to score his first woodcock and realized while eating it why his old man doesn’t shoot them. Pheasants around home are almost non existent. It’s been tough getting motivated to go out for them unless we are heading West. Should be a good end of the year hunt though.

CW

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I will be “guiding” a first time hunter from Florida when I get home for Christmas. I’ll report back on how his shooting skills. They have 4-5 inches of snow so the birds should be grouped up pretty good in our food plots.

CaptainMusky

Nice work c_w! I have a couple more outings planned this year for pheasants. I have off from now through New Years.
    How much snow was there in Western MN? I was hoping it wasn’t too much. It blows something fierce out there and I didn’t want to wade through chest high snow in cattails.
    I was likely headed West of Montevideo.

c_w
    central MN

The cattails we hunted weren’t filled up or anything. They more or less had snow perched halfway up. About the perfect height to fill chaps up and render them useless. We got plenty wet but late season with them bunched up is always fun.

CW

huskerdu

I was in ND two weeks ago bird hunting the temps were in the 60s during the day. The birds were not grouped up at that time. I try to hunt the last weekend of the season, wife setup our winter vacation this year for Jan. 3rd departure.
    Good luck ! In SD

Attachments:
    1. image51.jpeg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.