No draw needed for mn spring hunt

• Darell Golly

I just seen where the mn dnr got rid of the lottery for the mn spring turkey hunt in most areas. I think this is a good thing! I think I am hunting with a bow but it is good news for fun hunters.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I kinda thought that at some point every season/all zones would just be over the counter without a lottery system. Its been moving that direction for years now. Its posted right on the front of the DNR’s website under turkey hunting.

A downside is that it might add more hunting pressure during a specific time period.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Also, the over the counter permits are good state wide now, which is nice if I want to hunt at home and at the farm.

Brad Dimond

From the DNR website:

Firearms hunters 18 and older no longer need to apply for an A or B time period spring turkey license.
    Licenses for all time periodss [sic] (A-F) may be purchased over the counter beginning March 1.

Firearms turkey hunters 18 and older may hunt statewide, except access to the Mille Lacs, Carlos
    Avery or Whitewater Wildlife Management Areas during time periods A-C is by lottery only. Any hunter
    with a valid spring turkey license may hunt these areas after the C time period.

Firearms turkey hunters 18 and over who wish to hunt the Mille Lacs, Carlos Avery or Whitewater
    Wildlife Management Areas during time periods A-C must apply and be successful in a lottery drawing for
    permits to access these areas. The lottery deadline is Jan. 24, 2020.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Good step, now just get rid of Turkey tags altogether and include it with a hunting license like Grouse. I won’t hold my breath…

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I think fall turkey tags should come with a valid deer license.

Brad Dimond

You used to be able to take a bear with your deer license, add bear and turkey for a trifecta!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.