Nils Master auger adapter for Clam Drill Plate

• papaperch

Have used many types of augers over my 71 years. This year I figured to motorize my Nil Blue augers. Have a 6 and a 8 inch. They have served me well over the years. But I have to admit I just don’t have the steam in me that I used to. also my aches and pains have multiplied the last 2 years.

So I bought the newer version of the Clam plate. Figuring it would be easy to find an adapter to mate them up. Well was I ever wrong. Darn few people make them and I guess they are in no hurry to start up for this year. Have read and researched all over internet and no joy what so ever.

Has anyone have an idea on where to get one ? The clam plate has a 1/4 bolt hole. The Nils would need a 7/16 hole for bolt.
    Most augers have a 3/4 diameter shaft. The Nils is 1 inch.

Last resort I can buy a Strikemaster Lazer which will bolt right up. Might even attempt to fabricate one myself. But would prefer to buy because of aforementioned aches and pains. Golden years my (___!__)

canoebasser
    St. Paul, MN

I think you can modify the k-drill clam plate adapter to make it fit but I’m not 100% sure, just saw someone on facebook posting pics last year.

Best bet is to have a machinist make one, that’s what I am going to do. GL!

404 ERROR
    MN

There used to be a guy on ebay that made them, but I believe he no longer offers them for sale. He made a blue nils to drill adapter and then a blue nils to clam plate adapter. I have one of each and they work flawlessly. 3trout1 is his ebay name, try messaging him and see if he still has the capability of making one.

papaperch

Lack of machinists in my area that want small job like this. So I am in process of making one. If it as easy as I think. Maybe I will sell some. Project on hold until drill set gets here.

Meanwhile installing compression spring on plate .To give more positive control over trigger. Another idea from the net.

Once ice gets here ALL projects go on immediate hold.

Crappy Fisherman

Sent you a private message. I have that adapter.

Attachments:
    1. 67A11DAF-B7DD-40C1-BFD0-59A1BB211B07.jpeg

papaperch

Dan : I believe that adapter is for the old model clamplate.

papaperch

Well boys good thing I was electronics man. Cause I don’t know crap about metal work. Since I got a fairly big floor drill press. I figured I could drill one of the ends from 3/4 to inch to accept the Nils.

Cannot clamp the tube with what I got. Iffen I had a lathe or boring mill. But then I would have to learn how to run one.

FRS

God Hates A Coward.
    I’m not 100% sure but if you take a tubing cutter and cut off the top of your Nils auger shaft (after deburring) you’ll have a .875 diameter hole. That’s the same size as a Strikemaster-Power-Auger hole. Must be a adapter somewhere for that?

yak fish

nils to clam adapter, sold on ebay

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.