Next version of Panoptix/Livescope coming?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Whenever you see the manufacturer offer rebates you know they are clearing existing stock for new stuff coming, does anybody have any insights on the next generation?

Matt L
    Twin Cities

I have no knowledge, but I have seen some videos with lines and printed letters on Livescope to turn it for the different modes. Could be enough of a change to move some inventory. 42 seconds in the video below.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/pn/010-12970-00

JoeMX1825
    MN

appreciate the response, but I think the only difference with Perspective mode is a $100 bracket that simply turns the ducer sideways, the software update is free and everything else uses existing hardware.

I’m guessing the next gen of Livescope improves power efficiency, increases the range, improves the clarity, reduces interference and adds more processing horsepower. Hopefully lowers the price a bit to get it in more peoples hands vs just the diehards.

klang

I am thinking they will come out with a transducer that does not need to be tilted or rotated???

MNFishinGuy

Agree something new is likely coming. Maybe at iCAST this summer?

Perspective mode is a nice add-on. There is a lot of R&D expense that goes into enhancements so it’s nice to see them pushing it out for free. Not sure the competition would do the same without requiring the purchase of a new unit.

Regarding a new unit, hopefully head units powerful enough to remove the black box requirement are coming soon. I can deal with the extra hardware in my boat but the weight and cable management can be a challenge when hole-hopping on the ice.

I’d also love to see better cable management overall. Protecting the transduce cable on a $1500 transducer can be a PITA. Thought it would get better with their trolling motor but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

All that being said, I love my LiveScope and don’t leave home without it!

CaptainMusky

Garmin really has done a nice job with the design of those transducers.

B-man

Agree something new is likely coming. Maybe at iCAST this summer?

Perspective mode is a nice add-on. There is a lot of R&D expense that goes into enhancements so it’s nice to see them pushing it out for free. Not sure the competition would do the same without requiring the purchase of a new unit.

Regarding a new unit, hopefully head units powerful enough to remove the black box requirement are coming soon. I can deal with the extra hardware in my boat but the weight and cable management can be a challenge when hole-hopping on the ice.

I’d also love to see better cable management overall. Protecting the transduce cable on a $1500 transducer can be a PITA. Thought it would get better with their trolling motor but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

All that being said, I love my LiveScope and don’t leave home without it!

Some of the new units out (ULTRA) don’t require a black box, AND the use a much less expensive transducer ($500 compared to $1,000)

But the reviews I’ve read said it isn’t as crisp.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/pn/010-02143-00#devices

LateSeason
    NULL

The new UHD units still need the black box to run the LVS32 transducer.
    They can run the LVS12 without the box.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.