NEWS

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Since it was sorta brought up I had to ask.

Where do you get your news?

I understand that being true to a particular news outlet suggests your political views. This is sad, really. FAKE NEWS!

I’m just curious who you trust and why. Local, national, written, tv, etc…

Me? I just see what pops up in the top stories of apple news. I have to take each and every story with a grain of salt because certain networks lean heavily left or right. Then there’s the reality of fake news in the mainstream media. Just read through the stories that are days old and see how many convenient “corrections” there are. It really angers me sometimes that these news sources are not held accountable for the false info they report.

Iowaboy1

just as well bring weathermen into the equation as well,good grief!!
    down here these days they make dang sure to tell you how to dress for the weather that day,that you need sunscreen,stay hydrated,put your car in the garage because its going to hail,,,,,,,,and just this month all of the stations on windy days are reminding us to either tie down or put the trashcans,kiddie pools,trampolines,etc. into the garage so they dont blow away.

oh,lets not forget that one or more inches of rain is now a potential for flash flooding,and three inches of snow is now a major weather event that we need a months worth of food in the car as well as extra blankets and at least a full five gallon gas can.

poor news,,fake news,all of the hype,I am sick of it.
    now,for tonights forecast,dark followed by scattered patches of light come morning.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

just go fish

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

NPR and BBC. If I want local I watch Kare 11 news at 10pm but rarely hear about anything important that I didn’t get on NPR/MPR on the drive home.

It’s not “news” — and to keep from treating it as such I DVR and watch a day late so I’ve already taken in the facts and formed my opinion — but I’m also a huge fan of the Daily Show on Comedy Central. With all of the global insanity surrounding me I find it helpful to re-digest this garbage with a heavy dose of humor.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It’s not “news” — and to keep from treating it as such I DVR and watch a day late so I’ve already taken in the facts and formed my opinion — but I’m also a huge fan of the Daily Show on Comedy Central. With all of the global insanity surrounding me I find it helpful to re-digest this garbage with a heavy dose of humor.

I’ll admit I to find more transparency in comedic news that the mainstream.

I’ve never really thought about NPR MPR. Maybe I’ll pay a little more attention to them.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I read this old fashion thing called a newspaper. I also watch the Today Show on NBC.

I’m not overly concerned about fake news or which way the story is slanted. I guess I read or watch the story and form my own opinion and go from there. This whole Republican vs Democrat thing is a bunch of BS to me. Both parties care nothing about anything but their own and the parties bottom line. It’s about the money……today, tomorrow, forever. To think either care about the working stiff beyond the tax dollars is just being naive.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

As soon as Eichten retired from MPR, they really turned the left corner which turned me away.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

I’ve never really thought about NPR MPR. Maybe I’ll pay a little more attention to them.

A lot of folks find them too liberal. In my experience the reporters and anchors do pretty straight reporting. when they’re arguing politics and have guests on they do a decent job of bringing opposing viewpoints. But I’m by no means claiming there’s no bias on NPR.

I don’t think there’s much unbiased media. The trick is acknowledging the bias and asking yourself “do I agree with this or not, and WHY?”

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

The best news source…gotta a few minutes? It was when news really mattered. hah

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Kqrs, 93x, Facebook articles, ido. Old timers at work.

FryDog62

About a year and a half ago I turned off all cable news. It’s either 100% Left or 100% Right… and 24/7. It’s polarizing and ruining our country.

David Blais

The blaze, breitbart, drudge report, patriot channel on xm, IDO, daily mail, Google feed. To name a few I check daily. I check out the local paper. But pretty much anything happening local is on IDO

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

About a year and a half ago I turned off all cable news. It’s either 100% Left or 100% Right… and 24/7. It’s polarizing and ruining our country.

Ok, it’s not just me then. Maybe it’s jut me getting older but it just seems to be getting worse in a hurry.

I’m not sure exactly how a news corporation can find themselves that far left or right but I imagine that once they fund a campaign, they’re pretty much committed to that party. Then they work together to create their own news for their own benefit.

I don’t think there’s much unbiased media. The trick is acknowledging the bias and asking yourself “do I agree with this or not, and WHY?”

I can agree with you there except I don’t ask myself if I can agree, I ask myself if the story is biased. Once I figure out the bias I feel like I can filter out the rhetoric.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

When is ice gonna get here???

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I usually try and read from both sides of the spectrum, then realize it is always written two different ways, and form my own opinion on it. I work in public safety and have been involved in stories on the news and they don’t get them right even when they aren’t trying to push an agenda.

munchy
    NULL

Ditto, except it’s been about 8 years for me.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Local news channel anything beyond that is too political. But really, who gives a poop anyway?

ski junkie
    Grantsburg, Wisc

The blaze, breitbart, drudge report, patriot channel on xm, IDO, daily mail, But pretty much anything happening local is on IDO

Yup.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I get my news from the first 5-6 posters in this thread. By the time they get down to citing the source, it’s old news or proven fake.

…and that’s the way I like it. Filtered. )

disco bobber

I don’t know of any that are not biased and they need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Broadcast news appears to be owned by the drug companies.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m not sure exactly how a news corporation can find themselves that far left or right but I imagine that once they fund a campaign, they’re pretty much committed to that party. Then they work together to create their own news for their own benefit.

I ask myself that quite a bit. How is it possible that these well educated people can be so one sided? They have to know that each side has good people with good ideas and bad people with narcissistic tendencies, but yet they praise their side and pound the other.

I’m thinking some day they will come out and say, “I liked being a celebrity and the money I was making. I know that there is good and bad on both sides, but it’s all for ratings and advertising dollars, and if I didn’t play the game there were plenty of people standing in line to sell the soul to the devil like I did.

Just my thoughts.

reelman
    Inactive

Bias> It’s not news unless the IDO Peabodys say it’s news.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

^?^ Please expand on this. I get confused easily.

reelman
    Inactive

^?^ Please expand on this. I get confused easily.

It happens on here, you just have to sort through it.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I avoid the “news” like the plague. Its nothing but 1/2 truth trash, the world is burning and everyone is offended…
    Have not had Tv/cable for 7 years and its been great. I use Hulu and Netflix.

404 ERROR
    MN

I have completely stopped watching all news. If I happen to hear about something through the grapevine that sounds interesting, I’ll google it. My life is so much simpler, happier and worry free without caring about what’s going on that DOES NOT affect my life.

I’m sick of seeing news reporters bash our president because he eats his pizza funny or how he drinks water is different. It’s all fake, on both sides of the aisle. Both are around to push an agenda, news reports are just a bonus. Sure, there’s one I believe over the other, but they’re still all a joke at the end of the day.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Regardless of the media outlet it’s usually bad or negative because that’s what sells. Even though its terrible for our country as a whole.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

A couple of thoughts…

Every once in a while Jeopardy! has “journalists” on the show playing for their favorite charities. It’s astonishing how totally stupid most of those people are. Apparently they look good on camera and their heads are full of dust.

Every “news source” I see is slanted. For example, last night my wife was watching the network news and of course it was all about the harassment claims. The Republican harassers were identified as Republicans, while an equal number of Democrats were simply identified as Senators or whatever. A small but very real difference that has nothing to do with the news but everything to do with an agenda. Therefore I won’t watch them anymore.

The local news is slightly better, but not much.

The weather people have gotten so bad it’s starting to become entertaining. A guy on 11-2 was reporting on some strange weather events over the last couple of days, concluding with “a spectacular picture taken in Tasmania of the Northern Lights”. Ugh….Tasmania is an island on the coast of Australia, and the south pole has its own aurora, and it’s 15,000 miles closer. Duh!

So, when are the local lakes going to freeze over?

SR

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.